not sure if i should worry :(

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have a 4 month old black kitten who  today fell off an unsecured bookshelf which wasnt HIGH off the ground but reasonable distance ..he AND the shelf came down with a fairly loud n hard crash but it was so quick i didnt really see if it hit him.. hes  NOT  limping and is eating and drinking fine  ( drinkin a lil more than usual since this happened i have noted) and normally hes all over me and non stop purring to the point of bein a tad annoying lol ..but since it happened today he doesnt wanna come to me as usual and is now not purring. do you think i should be worried? :( sorry if this seems like a dumb q

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

i have a 4 month old black kitten who  today fell off an unsecured bookshelf which wasnt HIGH off the ground but reasonable distance ..he AND the shelf came down with a fairly loud n hard crash but it was so quick i didnt really see if it hit him.. hes  NOT  limping and is eating and drinking fine  ( drinkin a lil more than usual since this happened i have noted) and normally hes all over me and non stop purring to the point of bein a tad annoying lol ..but since it happened today he doesnt wanna come to me as usual and is now not purring. do you think i should be worried? :( sorry if this seems like a dumb q
Sometimes cats hide if they're hurt, and other times because they're scared.  Not limping, eating and drinking sounds all good, however if you're concerned the safest thing to do is take him to your vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ty for answering me.. he DID climb on top of my wardrobe a few hours after so im prob worryin for nothing... typical me... but hes still not coming to me which kinda bugs me..lol norm i cant get a break from him... i guess i will watch him and see. i wasnt toooooo worried cos hes still eating fine and drinking.. his reluctance to come sit with me now i just find odd tho is all :(.. he may have just got really freaked out.he hasnt gone near that corner since lol

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
omg i kinda feel stupid  for even writing this thread n obviously stressin 4 nothin...5 min after i wrote the reply ...doom came up to me in his usual spot n is now purring away...***...ive been stressin for hours that he may be hurt n i guess i didnt have to!

2catlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am glad everything is fine.  We are often more frightened about things than our cats/kitten.  Your cat was probably picking up on your fear/worry/anxiety and that may be why he did not come around you right away.  Also whenever you want your cat to come to you the most is usually when they will not come to you at all.  Cats are pretty quick so he probably did not get hit or if he did it was not detrimental.  When my cat was still a kitten he was on the upstairs landing and all of a sudden he was downstairs.  I don't know if he jumped or what.  I was watching TV and all of a sudden he was on the ground floor.  I was screaming and so in a frantic state.  He seemed fine and totally landed on his feet of course. 

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i feel better now but silly i over panicked ...just hes a overly affectionate kitty n he didnt come to me for hours! so im like omg whats wrong is he hurt...does he have poss internal injuries.. was kinda flippin out! ...i feel a lil stupid now lol! 

2catlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Don't ever feel stupid because you love your pet so much. :)   And remember whenever dealing with vets or anyone else that you know your cat best.  Sometimes it is good to get advice from others and sometimes they can panic you.  Always trust your gut because no one knows your pet or your pet's behavior better than you do.

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Definitely don't feel silly! It's good to get insight from others and I'm confident to say that people at TCS are always happy to help. 

Just keep an eye on him and watch if he's limping or favouring a leg. 

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

i feel better now but silly i over panicked ...just hes a overly affectionate kitty n he didnt come to me for hours! so im like omg whats wrong is he hurt...does he have poss internal injuries.. was kinda flippin out! ...i feel a lil stupid now lol! 
You did fine, better to be concerned then miss something!