Not Receiving Notifications On Thread I'm Following

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As the title says, for some threads I am following I'm not receiving the notifications for new posts anymore.
Or, to be more precise, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
These threads have checked boxes for notifications, so I don't understand...
Thanks for your help!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The way the systems works is that you receive a notification for the first new post and then you don't receive any more until you visit the thread. Are you not getting notifications for the first new posts? If that is the case, try unsubscribing and then resubscribing. That will sometimes take care of the issue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll try to unsubscribe and then re-subscribe, sounds fine, like when PC stops working :)
Thanks AbbysMom!

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As the title says, for some threads I am following I'm not receiving the notifications for new posts anymore.
Or, to be more precise, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
These threads have checked boxes for notifications, so I don't understand...
Thanks for your help![/
I'll try to unsubscribe and then re-subscribe, sounds fine, like when PC stops working :)
Thanks AbbysMom!
That will work for awhile, but is not a solution to the problem. I think a lot of us have that same problem. This new format is not as "user friendly" as the old format. It seems that if you are not active on a particular thread on a daily basis then you take the chance of losing that thread all of a sudden. And then, out of nowhere you start receiving posts again. Can't figure it out, but I too tried the "unwatch and then click watch" trick. It will work for awhile, but not a permanent solution, I'm afraid.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems that if you are not active on a particular thread on a daily basis then you take the chance of losing that thread all of a sudden. And then, out of nowhere you start receiving posts again.
This is exactly what I had thought, I was not active every day in those threads and they forgot me, but I also thought it was just me.
Thanks for your contribution!