Not really new but returning

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't posted in a long time. Just to refresh: I am kooky-cats (Lana). Not sure if I posted but my husband Paul Passed away 18 mos ago. Been a nightmare. Right after I was diagnosed with breast canceer. Had partial mastectomy, did almost 6 mos of chemo and 33 radiations. Doing well, had mammo and all clear. Hospice counseling after Paul's passing has saved my life. Met new caring friends, also on-line support groups. Have my 2 cats, Charlie and Franny. Charlie is a Russian Blue and my amazing support. Franny was rescued from a parking lot 2 years ago. Took a while but she is happy and trusting. Would love to hear from anyone who remembers me.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Lana!! Of course we remember you! :hugs: I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. You have a special angel watching over you during your recovery.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi kookycats kookycats . I dont remember you but its good to have you back. So sorry for the loss of your husband and your health problems, you've had a tough couple of years, glad to hear you are doing ok. Cats are wonderful to have and I'm sure gave you a lot of comfort when you needed it. Any photos?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you....I am taking one day at a time. Here is a pic of Charlie (Russian Blue) and Franny (tabby) in a rare moment of togetherness.

Attachments

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you .. so nice to be remembered. I Accidentally posted twice. Blame it on chemo-brain! Good to be back.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are lovely, Charlie looks very comfortable but Franny has that look in her eyes that says "not staying long here"

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is very jealous of her. aT first I thought that they would be friends but once she got comfortable in the house (she was petrified at first) he felt it was ok to attack her.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I wasn't here then, but just wanted to say hello! I'm sorry for your loss and all you have been through <3

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Would love to hear from anyone who remembers me.
Lana,
6fe29e8432a6da34182196f73557558f.jpg

I remember you but it's been awhile.
We are so
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about your husband. On behalf of all members here at Catsite, we send you our deepest sympathy and condolences.
Hugs for you
A8DA42A6-2B66-4946-A8CE-81000E606EBF$L0$001~photo.JPG

Glad to hear that you are recovering well from your chemo and it's good that the cats are by your side supporting you.

Hope to see you more around the site. Take care!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome back. I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. And just as happy to hear that you have beat that beast, Cancer!

1593827337993.png

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I also remember your posts when your DH was ill and going through treatment(s). My sincere sympathies and deepest condolences. :hugs:I'm relieved to hear you got an 'all-clear' after battling cancer. So glad you have two supportive furry companions, Charlie & Franny.:hearthrob:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back! It's good to hear you've finished chemo and have a good support group (including the furry kind).

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome back. So sorry you've had such a rough time with losing your husband and your own health issue. Glad to see you have support from both humans and felines. Charlie and Franny are cutie pies.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back. So sorry you've had such a rough time with losing your husband and your own health issue. Glad to see you have support from both humans and felines. Charlie and Franny are cutie pies.