Not Really Feeling Anything...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, goodness, poor old girl! But she's had all her previous litters in the wild, so she should be able to manage this one too. Granted, some of her previous kittens may not have survived, but with your help they have a much better chance :D.

Terramycin is awesome. You should have a tube on hand if you're helping strays. Just be sure to apply it to your finger (after washing, of course) and not directly to the cat's eye; that way you can use the same tube until it expires without passing anything nasty on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, goodness, poor old girl! But she's had all her previous litters in the wild, so she should be able to manage this one too. Granted, some of her previous kittens may not have survived, but with your help they have a much better chance :D.

Terramycin is awesome. You should have a tube on hand if you're helping strays. Just be sure to apply it to your finger (after washing, of course) and not directly to the cat's eye; that way you can use the same tube until it expires without passing anything nasty on.
Okay, that's good to hear. I was nervous but 9 years of possibly back to back kitten birth, she's probably a pro.

Her nipples are extra pink and starting to sag. Her belly also keeps changing shape, I guess the babies are moving? When I feel her abdomen, it feels like an outline of a half a hotdog. I don't press hard or anything but these kittens seem to be pushing out more.

The salt wash is helping a lot. Her eyes are so much more open and alert compared to when she first arrived.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Really?! Oh my... Okay. I thought that might have been it but I wasn't sure. Her nono area also seems swollen and her belly looks smaller like the kittens moved again. I was afraid it was something she ate but her poops have been nothing but normal right until a few days ago. They've gotten softer and now there is blood.

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Which is why this will be her very last. I'm getting her spayed as soon as she's able to be spayed. I've made sure to keep her spirits high. I wanted her to be as comfortable as possible so I cleared out my entire bedroom closet and layed a bunch of towels down. But my room is so cold. The weather is changing and the summer is not as warm as it used to be.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The heating pad should help. Or do you have a small space heater that could be placed nearby? Ceramic heaters are safest.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing last night. She seemed uneasy but took a hard sleep, snoring and all. She ate a lot of food still too. One thing she did do is rearrange her nest a bit but other than that, nothing. I can't tell if she has milk yet either.

When will she lose her mucus plug? Should I post pictures of her belly? I will try.

She's in a mood today, biting me and hissing at me.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she is very uncomfortable. She may be in early labor. Time will tell!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure. I turned the light off in the room to give her privacy. I felt her side and I felt something poking back at me. Then, it moved. And her lady bits are still swollen.