Not Really Feeling Anything...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's great news! So they only problem was her rotten teeth? It does cause cats to stop eating, which leads to other health problems. I'm glad she's been treated now.

I have a cat that had to have all her teeth pulled. She's FIV+ and just has her two top fangs left. We had her on senior cat very soft wet food for a while, but she'll eat the other cats dry food and even manages steamed chicken breast if I cut it up for her. They get along just fine without their teeth.

:goldstar:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Fayola is home now. She's very very quiet. She slept the whole train and bus ride home. I cry for her because I feel so bad about everything she had to go through in such a short amount of time. I can still see her enlarged breast - even more now because they shaved her belly for the spay. Her kittens are doing well but she still doesn't understand fully. I will let her rest tonight and try to explain to her tomorrow as best I can.
15688435224204929356348904838221.jpg

This will be my last update on this thread.

Thank you so much everyone for all your advice and words of encouragement. I wouldn't have been able to help her or her jellybeans without you. This community is truly unique. :grouphug: :redheartpump:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope you’ll continue to update us on Fayola’s progress for awhile. She will feel better soon. As you said, she has been through a lot recently, but hopefully all for the better!

You can take the cone off. Most cats will lick their belly but will not disturb any stitches. Are they the dissolving stitches?

Did they send you home with any pain or other medications for her?

I promise you she will forget all about this eventually, and be a loving, happy house cat once she heals. Your love will only help!

She looks so sweet in the picture! Good to hear that her babies are still doing well too! :)

Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you’ll continue to update us on Fayola’s progress for awhile. She will feel better soon. As you said, she has been through a lot recently, but hopefully all for the better!

You can take the cone off. Most cats will lick their belly but will not disturb any stitches. Are they the dissolving stitches?

Did they send you home with any pain or other medications for her?

I promise you she will forget all about this eventually, and be a loving, happy house cat once she heals. Your love will only help!

She looks so sweet in the picture! Good to hear that her babies are still doing well too! :)

I did take the cone off because I dished out some food for her and she went for it but the cone scooped it up. Seemed silly to keep it on after that.

I got some pain medication for two days, yes. I think they are dissolving stitches.

She was so happy I took the cone off too. She started purring and rubbing her cheeks on me.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So glad to hear you relieved her of the cone, that she ate, and that she is being so loving. Also that you have 2 days of pain meds. Do give her the pain meds, they will help her to get through the recovery.

All sounds good so far, but I want to follow her recovery.

Thank you for continuing to post! :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It can take up to two weeks for the milk to dry up. Warm, damp compresses on her mammaries will help the swelling in the meantime.

Is the rescue interested in putting her kittens back with her since she still has milk? Then eventually taking them back for adoption? It’s worth asking!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
It can take up to two weeks for the milk to dry up. Warm, damp compresses on her mammaries will help the swelling in the meantime.

Is the rescue interested in putting her kittens back with her since she still has milk? Then eventually taking them back for adoption? It’s worth asking!
No, the kittens are doing well in their foster and it's easier for the rescue because the kittens can be looked after and adopted out when they are weaned. Plus, we don't have room inside for them anymore.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
No, it’s not normal.

Why is she in the basement?

Because Felix tried to attack her multiple times. He's not in a good mood. I made a separate thread about introducing them but I didn't get much replies. Not sure if everyone understands the situation.