Not Neutered And Skinny

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catconfused

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He'll be happy to be back to normal, but he's really liking his time in the "forbidden room" I don't let the kitties in the bathrooms, they knock things off the counters and break them, tear down shower curtains. He'll be sad to be back out in general population.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
We can discuss that in the Behavior secction later if it becomes a problem.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. It's his brother and he's very lean, but otherwise healthy. I've had Walter (sick one) and Tony for 5 years, they're both 6 years now, and haven't had any problems until now. And it seemed to have happened so fast. Although cats are good at hiding illness so maybe by the time I noticed he was a very sick kid.

He's been in the kitty recovery suite (the guest bathroom) since I took him to the vet Wednesday. He's on the canned AD from the vet and has been going through a can a day for the past 2 days. I've been keeping a very close eye on him. He seems like himself at this point, except he's still super skinny and his gums still pale. He's gonna be upset when/if he gets back to normal. No more 2.50 canned food, towels with heating pads, all the special attention, etc...... lol
It's good he's eating. Sometimes this anemia business can make their appetite go to pot and they get weak.
AD is nasty smelling but really palatable.
Did the vet mention any sort of Vitamin B therapy (shots, drops, etc.) to give him a boost? I've read about this, never done it, but some camps say it's helpful and others say no but it might be worth looking into!

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree with Abby. We will continue to worry about Walter long after this thread is closed and always want more updates.

Hopefully all the good things stay put for a long time!