Not getting alerts from watched threads...

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has been happening for a while. I'll post on a thread or select the "Watch" tab but I won't get alerts for some threads.
Is this normal?
Does this happen to anyone else?
Is there a way this can be fixed?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you clicking to get email notifications as well? (If that's how you want to be alerted?) I am getting all of my notifications

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I am signed on, I get alert notifications of new posts to threads I am watching via my email (on my computer). However, I do not enable 'push notifications', so I do NOT get any notifications to my email (on my phone) if I am not logged on. Could that be the issue for any of you?

I have, however, noticed, that the 'older' a thread is the more likely it is that I won't get a notification at all - logged on or not.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Are we talking alerts in the menu at the top of the page or email alerts? Also, you will only get an alert teh first time someone responds to a thread you are watching. You will not get additional alerts until you visit the thread.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are we talking alerts in the menu at the top of the page or email alerts? Also, you will only get an alert teh first time someone responds to a thread you are watching. You will not get additional alerts until you visit the thread.
That sounds like that's it. Is there a reason that you don't alerts until you visit a thread again?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's just the way the system it is set up. For example, if someone was following this thread and had read up until your post #7, they should have gotten an alert for my post #8, but wouldn't get one for #9. If they had come on and read post #8 before #9 was posted, they should have gotten an alert for post #9.

I'm probably not the best one to answer this as I don't follow any threads. :paperbag:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
When I am signed on, I get alert notifications of new posts to threads I am watching via my email (on my computer). However, I do not enable 'push notifications', so I do NOT get any notifications to my email (on my phone) if I am not logged on. Could that be the issue for any of you?

I have, however, noticed, that the 'older' a thread is the more likely it is that I won't get a notification at all - logged on or not.
I have my email and my push notifications on..Nope im wrong..My push notifications is NOT enabled..But my email is