Not Eating

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, sorry. I forgot to come back to this thread. He's doing fine. He's back to eating and is hungry all the time now. He's even getting the dry food down fine. Now Ember is having problems peeing and I've no clue why. She gets in the litter box six times within an hour (that I see) and barely does anything. :frustrated:This just started last night.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, definitely a vet trip. It doesn't seem to be following the same pattern as when Ash gets a UTI though. That's not to say it can't be that, but it seems more like she feels the need to pee a lot. Will be getting her in to a vet. Just don't know why all this has to happen on weekends.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, poor Ember. Poor you. Definitely sounds like a vet appointment and antibiotics.

My Ruby had a UTI a few years ago, and that's exactly what she was doing. The litter box was full of teeny tiny pee clumps. The vet gave her the antibiotics in a shot, as she knew I wouldn't be able to pill Ruby, and it took a couple days for things to get better, litter box wise.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, because cats. We know this all too well. I sometimes think that they plan this stuff.
No kidding. I'm starting to think they are planning it. I was going to try to get her in this Friday!

Oh, poor Ember. Poor you. Definitely sounds like a vet appointment and antibiotics.

My Ruby had a UTI a few years ago, and that's exactly what she was doing. The litter box was full of teeny tiny pee clumps. The vet gave her the antibiotics in a shot, as she knew I wouldn't be able to pill Ruby, and it took a couple days for things to get better, litter box wise.
Ash is the one who usually gets UTIs, but the first sign he gives is peeing outside the litter box. Then the amount decreases and after that it gets bloody. Guess Ember is too good to pee outside the litter box.

WMM201

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope Ember gets treatment for the urinary problem and then stays healthy for you! My cat is the same way. Always times her issues for the holidays. So glad Ember is eating!

WMM201

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Keeping my fingers crossed for Ember! It's good that she's at the vet, because someone will be looking in on her through the day. If they need to give her major treatments or something, they will contact you.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called before leaving for school and they said she's ready to be picked up. :doh: They said they'd call me when she was ready. I'll go get her right after I'm done, but it'll take 40+ minutes just to get there after my class. I would have rather gotten her before school.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got Ember home. They found a tiny bit of blood in get urine, so they got a culture going. I should know within 48 hours if there's an infection. If not, it's probably stressed caused and we need to focus on that. If it happens again then that'll be a bigger concern. If there is an infection, then we'll go from there. They sent home an anti-inflammatory for the next three days for now.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone is eating fine at this point. Haven't seen Ember use the litterbox since being home, but that's pretty normal. I think the Gabapentin is pretty much worn off at this point too. Not that she seemed all that different to begin with. It didn't seem to affect her like it does Ash.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually forgot about the culture! And they didn't say anything. I did hear her peeing in the litter box this morning though and it seemed like quite a lot. So far everyone still thinks her problems are caused by stress.

Mgilbert

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds like possible infection. Usually when a cat does not eat it needs antibiotic. I am not a vet but in my experience.