Not eating proper cat food

Josh231003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently bought a kitten and I have been trying to give her cat meat and dry biscuits and she won’t touch either. I have been feeding her cooked chicken 3 times a day, it’s not ideal and it’s more money than needs to be spent. Any tips to change this and get her to eat normal cat food, thanks in advance. She is 11weeks old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Josh231003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is eating cooked meat and no longer requires milk

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Cooked meat reduces the taurine and is really contraindicated as a staple food. She needs a balanced kitten food to allay any problems. This has now been moved to our nutrition forum so hopefully you will receive more help. :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try a home cooked or raw diet. No, chicken on it's own is not a complete diet. You need to add supplements to it. Are you in the US? There are pre-mixes you can buy to add to cooked or raw meat to make it a complete diet. EZComplete is one such brand. If you're outside the US, there are other brands available such as TCFeline.

What brands of kitten food have you tried? Kittens are generally little eating machines but some may be super picky about what they will eat.

Josh231003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cooked meat reduces the taurine and is really contraindicated as a staple food. She needs a balanced kitten food to allay any problems. This has now been moved to our nutrition forum so hopefully you will receive more help. :)
Yeah I had read online that cooked meat isn’t suitable but at the time that was all she would eat. Thanks for moving it

Josh231003

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try a home cooked or raw diet. No, chicken on it's own is not a complete diet. You need to add supplements to it. Are you in the US? There are pre-mixes you can buy to add to cooked or raw meat to make it a complete diet. EZComplete is one such brand. If you're outside the US, there are other brands available such as TCFeline.

What brands of kitten food have you tried? Kittens are generally little eating machines but some may be super picky about what they will eat.
I am in the UK so I don’t know if you have these brands but I’ve tried her on Whiskas cat meat, Tiger cat meat, various brands of biscuits and she sniffs it and turns her nose up at it. I’ve never know a kitten to be so so picky