Not eating after Vet

Waheeda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My stray cat got from the vet and he's been eating very less and being super lethargic. It ts been 2 days. He eats very little. Poop okay, pee okay. Drinking water but acts disgusted when given food. He ate literally tiny bits of tuna (cuz I cudnt get him to eat wet food) and tiny pieces of meat only. It's been 17 hours since he'd last eaten. I'm worried sick. He's eating lesser and lesser I feel

Last edited by a moderator:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Why was he at the vet to begin with?
Welcome to TCS! :wave2: It would be helpful if you could explain why your cat was at the vet so we know what they were treating him for. Please contact your vet immediately if you cat continues to refuse all food. The Article FeebysOwner FeebysOwner suggested has a lot of helpful advice and information. It's dangerous for your cat to go more than 48 hours without eating so please keep this in mind and talk to your vet. Also let us know how he's doing and post any updates. Sending healing vibes for your cat.:vibes:

Mango*#*

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, that happens. Ours went to the vet this week and didn't want to eat that evening. A treatment for anxiety could suppress the appetite. Our Mango is a very finicky eater at the best of times. We've got to spoon feed her some nights.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Waheeda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave2: It would be helpful if you could explain why your cat was at the vet so we know what they were treating him for. Please contact your vet immediately if you cat continues to refuse all food. The Article FeebysOwner FeebysOwner suggested has a lot of helpful advice and information. It's dangerous for your cat to go more than 48 hours without eating so please keep this in mind and talk to your vet. Also let us know how he's doing and post any updates. Sending healing vibes for your cat.:vibes:
Well turns out the kitty(he's stray) has FIV after I took him to vet following his refusal of all food. He was down with a fever which the vet suspected was due to mycoplasma. Long story short he's getting better I think. But still outdoors cuz I can't bring him in and clearly he needs to be adopted out. I'm new to all this and I'm finding it really hard to do anything much for the kitty. Hope he keeps getting better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Waheeda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
cuz of parents and siblings who hate cats