Not again...devastated.

GrayTabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1718557433017.jpeg

He was only about 2 weeks old. He was found in my neighbor's daughter's yard abandoned by his mom. I was leaning toward calling him Figment, but I never made it official.

He was so full of life and now it's been snuffed out at not even 3 weeks old. I'm devastated and feel like such a piece of crap. I promised to give him a good home and I couldn't even keep him safe for 2 days.
RIP little buddy. I already miss you.
Maybe Figment was an appropriate name. Now he only exists in our memories.
I hadn't shed tears since 7th grade when I first got rejected by a girl. Now I've cried over 2 cats in the last 4 months.

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of Figment, please accept my condolences.

Don't beat yourself up, it's more than likely he was very ill with something before you rescued him. It could even have been something congenital or organ failure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GrayTabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of Figment, please accept my condolences.

Don't beat yourself up, it's more than likely he was very ill with something before you rescued him. It could even have been something congenital or organ failure.
Thank you. I hope he's playing with my other cat Sonic up there. Sonic will be a little grumpy at first, but he'll warm up to him.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Often the reason these poor little mites are abandoned is because mama knows they have something very wrong that cannot be fixed. Don't beat yourself up (though I know it is impossible not to) you gave him love and care the last days of his life and he knows it, which is very comforting. You tried, and that is what counts in this world.
in that amount of time you formed a bond with him, and that bond is spiritual, so eternal. That bond is love. He will forever hold that bond and your caring in his heart and send back love of his own. He was meant to know you and be in your life, no matter how short of time that was.
Give your broken heart time to heal, time is the only thing that helps. He will froever be a part of your soul now, and your memories, and that is what matters right now. bless you for trying......RIP sweet Figment. You will always be remembered, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Figment. He was totally adorable. Thank you for rescuing him and trying to save him. Your heart is broken, but his heart knew love thanks to you. RIP sweet kitty. :angel:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, what a cute little thing. I'm so sorry for your loss.

This is absolutely true. You did the best you could for this little one. :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GrayTabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Often the reason these poor little mites are abandoned is because mama knows they have something very wrong that cannot be fixed. Don't beat yourself up (though I know it is impossible not to) you gave him love and care the last days of his life and he knows it, which is very comforting. You tried, and that is what counts in this world.
in that amount of time you formed a bond with him, and that bond is spiritual, so eternal. That bond is love. He will forever hold that bond and your caring in his heart and send back love of his own. He was meant to know you and be in your life, no matter how short of time that was.
Give your broken heart time to heal, time is the only thing that helps. He will froever be a part of your soul now, and your memories, and that is what matters right now. bless you for trying......RIP sweet Figment. You will always be remembered, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
Oh, what a cute little thing. I'm so sorry for your loss.

This is absolutely true. You did the best you could for this little one. :hugs:
I'm so sorry about Figment. He was totally adorable. Thank you for rescuing him and trying to save him. Your heart is broken, but his heart knew love thanks to you. RIP sweet kitty. :angel:
Thank you all. I almost cried myself to sleep last night. I swear I could hear him mewing at times. I know it probably was not my fault, but I just can't believe I'll never see the little dude again. I only knew him for 2 days, but he left a huge impression on me and I'll remember him for the rest of my life. Our dog must be very sad too. She was treating him almost like her own puppy (she's fixed and has never had puppies AFAIK as we adopted her at 5 years old).

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Figment, dream your deep. Your tiny pawprints are on someone's heart forever, and your short life had meaning.

I agree that Figment almost certainly had something drastically wrong with him, and that's why mama cat abandoned him. That said, know to the depths of your soul that your love and care meant everything to him. In his short life, he knew home, hearth and love because of you, which is all. Because of you, he left this Adventure for his Next Great Adventure with a name, and knowing that he was Somebody's Cat. Now, from his new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, he blesses you, and he sends his love, now translated and purified into Love, back to you to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.