Nose peeling off?

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This foster kitty I’ve had for a week is sweet and loving but has so far had upper respiratory, and worms. And today I noticed a small chunk of her nose is gone? Anyone know what this might be and why it happened over night? She has not interacted with any other cats or animated. Showed no evidence of injury. I’m so confused why all this is happening. She has not been super stressed just adjusting. I’ll post a before and after

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I can't tell from the photo- is it a chunk that is missing, or could it be something that's actually stuck to the leather of her nose? It seems like if she'd run into something and injured herself, it would be red...?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It looks like a piece is missing and it’s not red. So weird! It happened it like two days. So I’m wondering if it’s an allegery to the fleas she must have had when she got tapeworms? Left a message tonight for my vet to get her in this week. Poor baby. I know it’s hard to keep all these kitties a healthy in shelters. I’m glad I got her out so she could be treated and away from all that for a while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! She has a vet appointment Wednesday and then we’re getting my resident checked Friday to make sure nothing has passed. Here is a better picture of her nose peels

Attachments