Norwegian Forest Cat?

Sashasmama44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little boy Sasha is 9 weeks old. We think he resembles a Norwegian Forest Cat. Would anyone else care to offer their opinion? Thank you 😺
image.jpg

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Heya! At this age it can be hard to tell, but I don't really see any pedigree resemblance, personally. Most cats aren't of a breed, or a mix of breeds, but that doesn't make them any less special!

Since he's so young, is he still with his mother? Seeing her may help in identifying what he may look like when he's more grown. As it is, I'd describe him as a tabby domestic longhair with white. A bit hard to ID colour with the lighting you have in the photo, but he's probably blue (dilute black).

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He looks like an adorable fluffy kitten. It's really hard to say if there is any breed resemblance at that age, maybe when he gets older try again. Do note that less than 5% of cats in the world are actually purebred or related to a purebred. Breeding cats is a newer hobby and there are far more cats who look like a purebred then are a purebred.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sashasmama44

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, thanks for your reply! We don't expect him to be purebred but he may have a touch of forest cat with his neck ruff, tufted ears and penchant for climbing. Regardless, we adore him. He is a beauty and very bright. Sadly he is no longer with his mother. We bought him from Gumtree seller, only finding out afterwards that they were disreputable people. We had him checked at vet and he was only 5 weeks and flea infested. He has had treatment and lots of love and nurturing. He is thriving 😺

AnSDRfanhere

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At this age, he may well just be a domestic fluffy blue-tabby-tux..

Last edited by a moderator:

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More than likely just a domestic long hair. Horrible owners to sell a sick 5 week old kitten, you might be able to report them.