Norwegian cod Liver Oil

my3boys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have just purchased this Norwegian Cod Liver Oil by Twinlab & would like to give it to my Rex to see if it will help his skin problems. Its in the liquid form, any ideas on how much I should give him?? I wonder if I should just see if he will lick it up, or use an eyedropper? Has anyone used this stuff with good or bad results?

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use an omega 3 fatty acid suppliment which is the same this but wont spoil and has a few addeded nutrients. I am not sure on how much to give. Usually the dosage depends on the weight and such. They will usually lap it up since it smells like fish. If the skin problem does not resolve though, I would go to a vet who is good with dermatology.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my3boys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sandie, can you give me the brand name of what you use? I'm not sure of forum rules regarding that, you could email me if its not allowable.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, we can advertise here..hehe. I use something called
3v it's made by dermapet. I beleive you can get it online through http://www.kvvet.com. I buy a liquid pump at my vets office, but the capsules will do the same thing, you just pop one and squirt it on their food.