Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

North Korea

Discussion in 'IMO: In My Opinion' started by denice, Sep 2, 2017.

1. denice

denice Thread Starter Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    It looks like North Korea has carried out another nuclear test. The early signs this is the largest one that has been tested so far, 100 kilotons.

2. xlpooper

xlpooper TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    And a hydrogen bomb to boot.

3. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South

4. surya

surya TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 23, 2010
    Houston
    This is very scary.

5. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    Yes, especially when there is a crazy man in the White House.

Muffy

surya purraised this.

6. 1CatOverTheLine

1CatOverTheLine TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 6, 2017
    Olcott Beach, N.Y.
    I think you might have missed some of the news; the crazy man left office on January twentieth.

foxxycat purraised this.

7. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    I know a lot of people that would love to have President Obama back in office. I know I would. Trump becomes more unraveled every day.

DreamerRose purraised this.

8. mokapi

mokapi TCS Member Alpha Cat

Jun 22, 2017
    I miss Obama so much. So, so much. He didn't have a great foreign policy, but at least he wasn't playing what feels like Russian roulette with the nuclear codes.

Trump is a nutball.

muffy purraised this.

9. margd

margd Chula and Paul's roommate Veteran

Feb 24, 2015
    Maryland USA
    oops

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017

10. denice

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    Unfortunately there are no good answers when it comes to North Korea, all the options are bad. Some are worse than others but no good answers.

xlpooper purraised this.

11. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    LOL :crackup:

12. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    Truth be known, the last 3 or 4 Presidents before President Trump AND the powerless United Nations have allowed North Korea to get to this point.
    Someone has to reign in little Kim, I don't think we want him selling nukes to Isis or someone just as bad do we?
    My opinion is China will end up taking care of it, China just wants assurance that North Korea will be allowed to stay Communist.
    Never have understood why China and Japan hate each other so much.

JamesCalifornia and foxxycat purraised this.

13. xlpooper

Mar 8, 2007
    South
    So you consider Trump working with the Democrats and hammering out a deal yesterday, "becoming more unraveled every day"? I don't
    Personally I'd like to see him do more of it.

tinydestroyer and 1CatOverTheLine purraised this.

14. muffy

muffy TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 9, 2014
    Maryland
    The man is as crazy as they come. You and your two buddies can purraise your post and make fun of me all you want.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    surya purraised this.

15. mschauer

mschauer TCS Member Top Cat

Jun 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    :eek3: :thud:

Google "Nanjing Massacre".

xlpooper and jcat purraised this.

16. denice

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    Japan certainly did not endear themselves to the Chinese during their bad old expansionist imperial days. Japan is a completely different country now. MacArthur even for his many flaws in other ways did understand Japan and the Japanese people very well and did a good job in guiding Japan in a direction that resulted in the country it is today. Old resentments die a very long death though. They usually take many many generations to finally die.

17. mschauer

mschauer TCS Member Top Cat

Jun 17, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    The problem with Chinese/Japanese relations isn't confined to a narrow period of time. Japanese brutality during WWII wasn't confined to just the Chinese. But they were particularly brutal to the Chinese because they have a very long history of regarding the Chinese as an inferior species and treating them, in their minds at least, accordingly. The Japanese have made little attempt to atone for or even acknowledge their historical treatment of the Chinese. It isn't hard to understand why the Chinese have hard feelings towards them.

xlpooper purraised this.

18. doomsdave

doomsdave TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 2, 2016
    California
    Remember "Mutual Assured Destruction" from the Cold War? Everyone knew that the price of any strike would be far too high to bear. So there were no strikes, but there was a lot worry anyway.

The same applies here.

Mr. Kim knows that if he actually hits anyone with a missile he'll get it right back from the US.

But South Korea is ten seconds away and his army could reduce it to ashes. The South Koreans have military might too, but apparently nothing like Kim's.

And while our military is gargantuan the North Koreans will be able to fight like hell. It will be nasty. I would not want to have to be part of that vanguard invading North Korea.

Obama knew this, too and I'm pretty sure DT does as well.

It's bad, though, because there's no way to stop Kim from doing more missile tests.

But as long as rational actors stay that way, nothing will happen. For now.

19. doomsdave

doomsdave TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 2, 2016
    California
    Seriously?

Provide some evidence?

muffy purraised this.

20. JamesCalifornia

JamesCalifornia TCS Member Super Cat

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    ~ I am surprised the US has not made a strike on NK by now . Obviously President Trump is trying to avoid military action but I'm afraid the 'real' crazy man - Kim Kong Um - is pushing things to that point . I am hoping that the US has developed the Star Wars program ( remember Ronald Reagan ? ) to the point where the US can take out a NK missile at launch stage . Hopeffully the US may have other top secret defense/ attack weapons as well .
    It would be great if the NK people did to their "leader " what the Italians did to Mussolini !

foxxycat and xlpooper purraised this.