North Carolina Meet And Greet....

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
During Hurricane Florence there was mention of a NC meet and greet so, Friday night me and Boris Diamond Boris Diamond got together for dinner and discussed among many others thing, possibly arranging something.

We both agreed there is no big hurry to do this or to rush it and, that probably the first step would be to get an assessment as to how many members we actually have in NC. Also, how many would be able to come to a meet and greet. I know there were a couple members who had mentioned that they had relatives and friends in NC and would like to come even though they were actually out of state which, would be perfectly fine!

Admittedly neither of us have ever arranged any kind of event like this but, we discussed things like location, securing an appropriate size venue, possibly venders and/or some kind of events, etc. All of which would naturally require funds.

We figured a central location would be best which would be the Winston-Salem or Greensboro or, somewhere in that area. I have some connections with some area Hotels due to my work and, may be able to get a discount on a banquet room of some sort but, it's not a given. Just depends on how things shake out.

So, at this point. We just want to get feedback from area members and a possible head count. Anyone with ideas or suggestions....feel free to chime in. We would like for it to go smoothly and not be a debacle if it were to take place! :lol:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi sabian sabian - I hope we get some folks replying to this thread! I know there are fair amount of TCS folks in the area. Please let us know if you are interested!

We are open to suggestions, as sabian said, neither one of us has organized something like this before.

I'm looking forward to this "CatCon." Cat folks are the best, and it would be great to meet some!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I did something similar to this in central PA about 15 years ago for a different cat board. We threw up a canopy in our back yard and just did a huge picnic. I think we had about 20 people, both male and female, and some people brought their spouses and SOs. I gave people a list of hotels/motels, etc in our area. Some of my closer friends slept in a pop-up trailer in our back yard. I found out that everybody didn't want to visit stores or local attractions all that much. They just wanted to hang out in the back yard! And we had such a great time, just getting to meet each other, talk, chat, and eat. Although our get-together was for one day, many people stayed overnight, then came back the next day for breakfast and such.

Do it. You won't regret it at all. There's simply nothing better and more fun than meeting cat friends.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to call them "TCS Meet-ups" and I went to a small one in Knoxville, TN about 9 years ago. I stayed 2 nights with a fellow member and we all met at a "C.C.'s Pizza Bar" the first evening and then 2 other members came over to the hostess' home the next day. It was a blast! I got to meet families at the pizza bar AND meet the host cats. Two husbands delighted the group with their tales of being with "TCS addicts" & the kids were thrilled to meet their TCS "aunties".

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too bad this wasn't 10 years ago when I was still annually going to NC (Raleigh airport) to attend the 5th Division Iwo Jima Survivors' Reunion in Myrtle Beach. If I ever get back there, I'll have to give you all a holler. With my mom turning 89, though, it won't be anytime soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I posted the Ramen noodles thing because I seen in a thread "What's for dinner" that you were eating Ramen noodles with left over veggies. I've fixed Ramen noodles before and added veg-all. It's actually pretty good!

Boris Diamond Boris Diamond posted a link to this in another thread but, I'm not sure which one.

catsknowme catsknowme come on over when you get ready. We'll make you feel at home!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, sabian sabian , if you reeeeeeeeealy want the Ramen noodles, I do keep some in the pantry, for those days when I just don't want to deal widdit!