Normal?

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat woke up amd in spot where he sleeps his whisker had fallen off. He is one year old. Are whiskers suppose to fall out?! Is he sick? Very scared!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Normal for dropping whiskers. Sometimes the way they sleep and whiskers get get caught under the paw may drop off or sometimes it gets stuck on something and it fall off.

I’ve picked up a few whiskers from where he sleeps or lay down. It’ll be renewed. Don’t worry.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nothing to worry about. Just as humans and cats shed hair and fur, cats also shed whiskers. Perfectly normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys! Yea I had cats growing up but mom usually took care of them so now as adult I am new to this. I didn’t realize they were like normal hairs. embarrassingly I freaked out when he was 4 months old because O thought he had a tumor so I took him to vet ... yea it was a nipple. I had no idea male cats had so many nips. I am learning alot. I also took him to vet because tooth was falling out ... yup it was a baby tooth. So I am slowly learning but my vet thinks I am dumb as bricks lol

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
yea it was a nipple. I had no idea male cats had so many nips. I am learning alot. I also took him to vet because tooth was falling out ... yup it was a baby tooth.
Male cats have six to eight nipples in twos.

Full set of teeth by 7 months old. Look for his baby tooth at his chew toys. I kept two or three of my boy’s baby teeth :p

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys! Yea I had cats growing up but mom usually took care of them so now as adult I am new to this. I didn’t realize they were like normal hairs. embarrassingly I freaked out when he was 4 months old because O thought he had a tumor so I took him to vet ... yea it was a nipple. I had no idea male cats had so many nips. I am learning alot. I also took him to vet because tooth was falling out ... yup it was a baby tooth. So I am slowly learning but my vet thinks I am dumb as bricks lol
Absolutely nothing wrong with paying close attention to your pets and learning!:goldstar:

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You aren't dumb. You are exceptionally caring! XOXO:heartshape:

You're in the right place too - lots of information and loads of amazing people around to help guide you. They've saved my sanity and helped me to sleep better at night - more than once when I've been worried.

It was one lol
Then I'm with the others. Very normal. Had you said all of them - my eyebrows would have been raised concerned. :-)