Normal For Cat's Nose To Change Color?

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, my almost 9 month old girl Celeste had a black nose as a kitten, but now it's multicolored with the top being almost completely pink. I was thinking it might have something to do with the fact that her food touches it when she eats, but is this also a normal thing with age?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I have no idea, but if you can get a pic and let everyone on this site see it, that would be helpful. If you have one "before" as well as one now, that would be even better.

Is all else OK with Celeste - any other changes?

Aieko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello!
There are many, many different reasons for a cats nose to change color. Is Celeste a calico? The reason I asked if Celeste is a calico, is because calico cats tend to have multicolored noses that can change over the course of a few months, they also normally have a black nose as a kitten but it can vary. Fur color can also determine what nose color your cat will have. Some noses fade during the colder months and return to their normal color during the summer months. This is a condition known as 'snow nose' or 'winter nose.' Nose color is also determined by genetics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. I have no idea, but if you can get a pic and let everyone on this site see it, that would be helpful. If you have one "before" as well as one now, that would be even better.

Is all else OK with Celeste - any other changes?
Hi FeebysOwner FeebysOwner , sure thing. Here are some pictures of her black nose before:

14.jpeg

13.jpeg

And here it is now:

IMG_1482.JPG

It might be hard to see, but you can tell on the second one that she has a little bit of blackness left on the bottom but the rest is all pink.

All else is okay with her, no behavioral changes. She has had some troubles with mouth flare ups, which her vet now believes was rodent ulcers, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Hello!
There are many, many different reasons for a cats nose to change color. Is Celeste a calico? The reason I asked if Celeste is a calico, is because calico cats tend to have multicolored noses that can change over the course of a few months, they also normally have a black nose as a kitten but it can vary.
I think she's just considered a tabby, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the pics! Adorable kitties - although that last one, they look to be saying "why are you bugging us?" Typical of cats...lol. Cool that Celeste likes her tortoise friend too!!

Even her fur looks to be lighter, although with pics you never know. I say that especially since her forehead stripes seem to be lighter in color than before. I would say that she is going through a color change, and if nothing else is amiss with her, just watch it over time.

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hahah, indeed it is typical! Her other friend is actually a turtle -- a red eared slider that is about 16 years old. :) He lost his little red mark due to age. Ironic!

You're right. I didn't even notice before but her fur really is lighter now. I think it must be just age, but I'll for sure keep an eye on her. Thanks for your insights.

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you... and now I will have the police question you first if she ever goes missing. ;)