Nonstop Meowing! Ear Infection And Third Eyelid Problems

johnnyji

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Curious came back from the vet last week with one of her third eyelids covering half her eye after an ear and dental cleaning!

It turns out somehow my cat got an ear infection. I've been giving her oral antibiotics as well as daily painkillers that the vet has prescribed.

It's been around 5 days now and her eyes show no sign of getting better and she's constantly meowing every day! :(

If I'm not holding her, she meows. It's so frustrating, I'm about to break down...

If I do hold her or she's sleeping close to me, then she purrs constantly, but the second she's walking on her feet, she meows again. This is particularly stressful because she can't seem to stay asleep and sound for more than 2 hours MAX at a time.

I'm honestly not sure what to do at this point. Does anyone know how long an ear infection or her eye problem takes to heal? I'm worried that she hasn't improved much in 5 days, though in the first 2 days she wasn't eating and now she is, so I guess that's a plus...

Any help would be appreciated! Especially ideas to get her to meow less, every time she does it breaks my heart :(

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe you can call your vet since it hasn’t gotten better in 5 days

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Absolutely! Give him a call, tomorrow if his office is opened! You can try calming her with chamomile tea, well-chilled, administered via syringe. 1-3 tsp, from 1-3 times a day. And drink a cup hot, sweetened with honey, yourself! You need it too!