Nomnomnow For Cats

Rini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
30 dollars per month? With two cats? Teach me your ways. I have one cat and his food amounts to about 55 dollars, sometimes 70 if I get an extra pack just to be sure I don't run out. And this is FF here so it's pretty moderately priced.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
30 dollars per month? With two cats? Teach me your ways. I have one cat and his food amounts to about 55 dollars, sometimes 70 if I get an extra pack just to be sure I don't run out. And this is FF here so it's pretty moderately priced.
Actually, now I spend about $20 per month on wet food on two cats since I started feeding friskies. My autoship totals about $60 on chewy and it is send every 3 months. I feed them Friskies, Dave's and American Journey. And then I feed them a little bit of dry food, so maybe another $10 per month for that.

So no way could I buy this fresh stuff at $30 per week! That's like quadruple what I spend now.

Rini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been looking at Friskies because it's so cheap. 24 5.5 cans for like 11 dollars on Amazon. Tempting.

Autoship is smart but I don't do it because I get gift cards from my folks some months and I want to be able to use them. I tend to order food every 1 1/2 months or so and litter every 4 weeks.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My two cats love Fancy Feast but at 4 cans per day it's too costly. I feed 100% Friskies Classic Pate. At 2 cans per day the wet food is less $30.00 per month. They also like an 1/8 cup of kibble on top and I have three different brands on hand for variety. All 5 lb bags averaging $10.00 each every 3 months.

Rini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My two cats love Fancy Feast but at 4 cans per day it's too costly. I feed 100% Friskies Classic Pate. At 2 cans per day the wet food is less $30.00 per month. They also like an 1/8 cup of kibble on top and I have three different brands on hand for variety. All 5 lb bags averaging $10.00 each every 3 months.
That's a big difference. I will have to look into Friskies maybe, even just to supplement 1 box of the FF I could save a lot because the cans are bigger. I will test one can to see if he will eat it.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's a big difference. I will have to look into Friskies maybe, even just to supplement 1 box of the FF I could save a lot because the cans are bigger. I will test one can to see if he will eat it.
yeah give it try. The Poultry Platter is a favorite flavor.

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Man, oh MAN. I am jealous of those feeding Friskies in here. I tried feeding that to Mika and she's just... too much of a princess. She likes her expensive stuff (some stuff at least) but there is NO way I could afford $31 a week. My budget is about $30-$40 a month including litter. Mika has too many vet bills right now to even consider going anywhere over that.

Rini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm jealous too! I thought 100 a month was pretty good (including litter which is 31 dollars for the 42lb bag)...of course, this is compared to my mother who is a lunatic and buys our two cats unicorn tears to eat and spends far more than that. FF is supposed to be bargain food but he eats soooo much that it ends up not being much of a bargain when I have to buy 4 or 5 24 box cans every month and a half. I was banking on the fact that he'd eat less once he got older...

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm jealous too! I thought 100 a month was pretty good (including litter which is 31 dollars for the 42lb bag)...of course, this is compared to my mother who is a lunatic and buys our two cats unicorn tears to eat and spends far more than that. FF is supposed to be bargain food but he eats soooo much that it ends up not being much of a bargain when I have to buy 4 or 5 24 box cans every month and a half. I was banking on the fact that he'd eat less once he got older...
I feel your pain. I have 2 little piggies too. Although they don’t eat as much anymore, I spend at least $150 between food and litter for 2 cats.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Man, oh MAN. I am jealous of those feeding Friskies in here. I tried feeding that to Mika and she's just... too much of a princess. She likes her expensive stuff (some stuff at least) but there is NO way I could afford $31 a week. My budget is about $30-$40 a month including litter. Mika has too many vet bills right now to even consider going anywhere over that.
I guess it's a blessing in disguise that my cats love Friskies. I tried at least 30 different brands of wet food and my cats hated all of it but Friskies Classic Pate they love.:happycat: