Nom nom now

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Low phosphorus but cannot find anywhere how low. The calories don't make since. Over 1000 calories per portion split for 4 meals a day? Anyone tried it?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How do you know that food is low in phosphorus? I went to their website and they have articles that discuss low phosphorus foods in their learning center, but I didn't take that to mean THEIR food is low in phosphorus. Did you talk to them? If you do, they should be able to tell you exactly how much is in their food on a dry matter basis. Also, I did read somewhere that the calories are about 34 calories per ounce of food. I don't understand why, but most cat foods give two figures, one is kcals and the other is cals. kcals is always a lot higher and is NOT per serving or even per can in the case of cans.

Just in case, here is a thread on this food: NomNomNow

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The best you can do is email/contact any company and ask for the phosphorus level, if you can't find it on the internet. So far, all the companies I have reached out to have responded with the level of phosphorus in their foods. It is wise to ask for it in terms of dry matter basis, as that is more accurate comparison.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I was reading about the best low phosphorous foods and it was listed as the best according to numerous sites. When I ordered it they ask if the cats gender,weight, and if they have medical issues then give a result of which food to buy. I did email and asked these questions. Trial version. I have tried different ways to get my cat to eat her prescription food besides an appetite stimulant so this will be to mix in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
They have already replied to me on a Sunday! I canceled my order. The phosphorus is 1.33% too high

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They have already replied to me on a Sunday! I canceled my order. The phosphorus is 1.33% too high
Agree. Plus, if I read it correctly, $30 a WEEK for their food. That seems outrageous, really, especially since they only have one protein for cats. Would be nice if they at least had a couple different ones.