No way, you brat!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"No way, Evie, you brat! No way am I going to go across the hall just to turn on the bathroom sink so you can drink straight from the tap! You can stop your mowing and your pitiful cries- I know you have three other sources of fresh clean water! No way I..."

Oh, sorry, please excuse me folks, I need to cut this short to go across the hall just to turn on the bathroom sink so Evie can drink straight from the tap...

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, and you'd better hurry up about it, as she is probably perishing from thirst!

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm cracking up right now
. It's so funny that this is the first post I read after logging on this afternoon. Why is it so humorous? Well, that may be because I just came back from hobbling to the bathroom after Delaney was meowing and pawing at me so that I'd get up to let her have a drink. And, seriously, she must've taken just a few tastes of the tap because she's now back next to me purring away. It's crazy what we all do for our cats!

At any rate, it seems that Evie has got you wrapped around her little paw (not that I should, ahem, talk
). I hope she enjoys her straight-from-the-tap drink and that she lets you rest for a little bit before ordering you around once again. Oh, I better get going -- I don't want to keep the water running too long now that Delaney's quenched her thirst!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I just have to laugh because Callie will sit in the bathroom on the bath mat and howl if I forget and close the shower curtain all the way so she can't get in and get a drink from the running tap in the tub! She has 4 other fresh water sources, but this is her favorite.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
LOL!

In our case, it's the electric blanket. We keep our house coolish during the winter. Our two oldest cats, Whisper and Bootser (they'll be 16 in July), have very "old bones" and they seem to mind the cold more than the others. As soon as DH gets home from work, he prepares their dinner. While he's doing that, I'll go back, plug in the blanket and turn both sides on High. Then I'll shut the bedroom door. (Why do I shut the bedroom door? Because Whisper and Bootser are our resident pukers. And I don't want them puking on the bed, if I can help it. So they stay in the kitchen and living room for about 20 minutes or so after eating; that way, if either of them gives us a pukie-gift, it's easy to clean.)

So after about 20 minutes or so, the cats will start meowing. They'll meander back and forth in the hallway and their meows get a little louder as time goes by. They want the door opened, so they can hit the bed.

I'll walk back the hallway, followed by 5 cats, and open the door. And, one by one, each cat will walk into the bedroom, hop up on the bed, and find his or her spot. Flop down and go to sleep. Sometimes they'll clump together until they get too warm, then they'll start to stretch out.

When one of us is home all day, the blanket never shuts off. We keep it turned on all the time. The two older girls really like the extra warmth, but I think all the cats appreciate it, too.

The cats stay warmer than we do.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
HAHAHAH!!
Too funny! We should start a support group for this... If you ever need to talk I am here for you, i know your pain Haha.

crazycatlady777

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is soooo cute and funny but also sooooooo common!! Not just that they like it out of the tap but the best part is how the "make" us do things!! Like my James, he is the lieson for all the cats, if something needs to be done he will come and inform us of any problems. When the liter box is not up to his standards he will stand on the roof of it and howl his head off till we clean it! I could write a book of what my furbabies "make" ( I should say force lol) me to do!
I have a saying I been sayin it all my life: It is the cat's home, they just let us live here! Every cat owner I know agrees with this statement!!
Oh, I have to tell you about Baby Kitty. He is the big boss of the house. He is around 12 years or older and has been here the longest. He is also huge and a total tiger. His highness gets fed seperately, on a special plate and heres the kicker, we have to put it under his nose while he is perched on his thrown. If we put it "near" him he wont get up!!! Talk about lazy and spoiled!!! But he is THE King of our castle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVED all your stories!! It is nice to know I'm not alone. But what ADORABLE little paws those are that we're all wrapped around.