No Notification Alerts

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been consistently recieving the alerts for people quoting me, tagging me, replying to a watched thread, or reacting to my posts.
I thought at first that it was because maybe I hadn't been active on a thread for a while, which is why I wasn't getting alerts, but thats not it as I won't get notified on a thread even if I've been recently active on it.
That being said, I will get some notifications for watched threads, but not all of them.

Anybody else having this problem?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Gmail had a lot of problems over Monday and Tuesday. If you are not receiving them now, try going to your profile and turning the notifications off, save your profile, and turning them on again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard about the gmail thing, but this isn't about the gmail alerts, it's just the notifications on TCS. Is it possible to turn the TCS notifications off (not the gmail alerts)? :)

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!
This problem seemed to fix itself for a couple of months, but it seems to have resurfaced; I’m not consistently getting notifications on the site when I’m mentioned, quoted, or someone replies to a watched thread. I do get some notifications, but I’m not getting all of the ones I should be getting. Thanks!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!
This problem seemed to fix itself for a couple of months, but it seems to have resurfaced; I’m not consistently getting notifications on the site when I’m mentioned, quoted, or someone replies to a watched thread. I do get some notifications, but I’m not getting all of the ones I should be getting. Thanks!
Hi BellaGooch BellaGooch are you not getting notifications sent to your gmail?
Because for the last few weeks...I was not receiving any "sound notifications" on my samsung phone.
I then had to delete my Gmail app...and then install it again.
Finally, today...I did receive a notification that made a sound.

Not sure if this is the same problem you are having, though.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi BellaGooch BellaGooch are you not getting notifications sent to your gmail?
Because for the last few weeks...I was not receiving any "sound notifications" on my samsung phone.
I then had to delete my Gmail app...and then install it again.
Finally, today...I did receive a notification that made a sound.

Not sure if this is the same problem you are having, though.
Interesting. I am getting gmail notifications. I’m glad you got that issue resolved, though!