No Not Again ☹️

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh God I thought I found a worm but I didn't see anything else um could be the ones she had before she's pooping out I'm scared rn

smosmosmo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could be an old worm that you missed when you were cleaning. I'd keep an eye on her because those things multiply fast - if she does have worms again take her to the vet for a proper deworming. My girl had worms last fall, got a Drontal injection, and was 100% worm free one day later. I would definitely go the vet route for peace of mind, if nothing else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
No it was in her poop and she's been itching and has like white flakes on her skin

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
And she has had tuna that's it I didn't have the money to get food buti hope to god its not I just put down paper so I can see just to make sure

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're only feeding canned tuna right now? I'm sure you know that's not a complete balanced diet for a cat. When can you get more cat food? Can you borrow money from friends or family to get more cat food? Or look for a food pantry that has pet food?

Were you able to find a low cost vet using the resources in one of your other threads? If the worms have come back, the Bayer dewormer you used may not have worked effectively even with all three pills that you (accidentally) gave. A prescription dewormer for the specific type of worms your cat has is likely needed.

White flakes in the fur is just dandruff. Many cats have them. Just brush your cat to remove the flakes and stimulant oil production in the skin. Adding a fish oil supplement may help as will a proper diet.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She's getting spayed and I got food for her I get paid bi weekly I put down paper so she can poop on it she's being stubborn brat so I can see but I'm going to brush her I run my fingers through her fur all the time she hates being brushed I tried I'm going to get her claw covers today I'm done being clawed to death my skin looks like Freddy Kroger came and tore me up

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Can I use the the fish oils that humans take can they have that

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I believe you did say you found a low cost spay clinic. But do you have a regular vet for routine care?

Have you tried clipping the claws? It's worth a try before buying claw caps.

Fish oil supplements for people can be used if you don't want to buy a pet specific one. Make sure it contains only 100% fish oil and nothing else. No flavorings, extra vitamins, etc. Start with the lowest strength, which I think is 1000 mg. It's a liquid capsule so you poke a hole in it and squeeze the liquid into wet food. There are various brands out there. I've used this brand for my cats' raw food.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, I believe you did say you found a low cost spay clinic. But do you have a regular vet for routine care?

Have you tried clipping the claws? It's worth a try before buying claw caps.

Fish oil supplements for people can be used if you don't want to buy a pet specific one. Make sure it contains only 100% fish oil and nothing else. No flavorings, extra vitamins, etc. Start with the lowest strength, which I think is 1000 mg. It's a liquid capsule so you poke a hole in it and squeeze the liquid into wet food. There are various brands out there. I've used this brand for my cats' raw food.
I'm afraid to