no Heat

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi all as some of you know back in Febuary i brought a 4 month kitten in from my feral colony where she was trying to freeze to death well my concern is Mignon is unnutered for reasons my former(retired) vet told me were life threatening to him (bad reaction to anestishia) anyway his son Royal also unnutered due to Covid and vet retiring (nutered last week finally) but my concern is Sweetie the kitten mentioned is female she went into heat once and we started cnfining her to a spare room durring that time and keeping the toms away well sence febuary shes been in heat twice the last time was back in late June/early July when i was dealing with two of my older cats passing and wouldnt have notied except she kept putting her backside in my face so their was oppertunity for her to get pregnant but it didnt seem to happen now its October no signs of kittens and no further heat should i be concerned the vet dosent seem to be concerned just shrugged..so anyone ??? what do you think should i get a second opinion?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Cat pregnancies last around 65 days or so; it seems to me that if you are sure that the last heat was in early July that she is past that point of having kittens. Do you notice any signs of pregnancy? You would definitely see them by now. Do you think that there has been a heat since, though?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
no kittens and as far as i've seen no going into heat ..its weird..shes indoor only sence febuary

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've been lucky so far, have her spayed as soon as possible. The recently neutered male can still impregnate her (sneaky sperm hiding in the tubes) so don't let her be around him yet. Wait a month or so after his surgery and then he should be safe.

Cats can have silent heats so you can't always be sure.