No hair?

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got my cat Callie Mae spayed well over a year ago & her hair on her entire stomach still hasn’t grown back. It looks like it’s freshly shaved. I don’t know why or if this is even the correct forum. I don’t know if she’s constantly licking or what but it’s only on her stomach. It’s very clear to see the stomach has no hair. Any ideas why?

Attachments

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing that comes to mind is stress grooming. A vet can help you & there are many articles about stress grooming.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As long as there is nothing else going on with her - it may just be that she won't ever grow the hair back or that it will take a long time for even just a bit to grow in. Feeby, who is 16+ yo, was spayed at 2ish yo, and her lower belly has a whole lot less hair than the rest of her body. It's been so long ago, I can't really recall how long it took, but it was quite a while before she even had any 'peach fuzz'.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there any otc stuff I could buy to help calm her down in case it is stress grooming?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are tons of calming products on the market, so look at 'cat calming products' on the internet for all your possible options. Not all of them work on all cats, so it is really a matter of experimenting until you find one you think helps.