No Gums, No Menadione, No tapioca No Carrageenan

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Remember freeze-dried raw food is not intended to be a complete and balanced diet. It is for supplemental feeding and snacks. Give it to Sammie as an additive to encourage eating the new wet food if you need to.

That isn't true. Many brands of freeze dried raw are complete balanced meals. Some brands are Stella and Chewy, Vital Essentials, Nature's Variety, Feline Natural, and Primal. Definitely read the label and choose the meal which is typically kibble shaped or nugget shaped, not the treats or toppers.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Remember freeze-dried raw food is not intended to be a complete and balanced diet. It is for supplemental feeding and snacks. Give it to Sammie as an additive to encourage eating the new wet food if you need to.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post, Heart For Cats Heart For Cats , but lots of freeze-dried raw foods -- including the Primal, Purpose, and Northwest Natural foods I mentioned -- are complete and balanced. They're a great option for some cats, like ours! (And we add water to it!)

There are, of course, lots of raw, freeze-dried products -- like Pure Bites -- that are only for supplemental and snack use.

(Edit: Oops, I see that LTS3 LTS3 already posted a response, though I'll leave this post because of the specific brands that I mentioned.)

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my cats loved nw naturals! Unfortunately I could only find it online in 3 packs
It's very good food! I haven't bought it in ages -- I need to get on that! That said, the cats have been loving Purpose...

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry but.... my vet said to never give the cats pork, said it isn't good for humans or animals. So far I am suppose top stay away from gums in general but particularly tapioca and carrageenan. It's impossible to stay away from all but I am thinking of going raw freeze dried. I bought a bag of venison to try. Also going to find a different brand of rabbit pate and possibly venison pate because I know that they might not have the right microbiome for the raw so will go extremely slow with that. Sammie has itching, his lower lip seems to swell, he has inflammation and just recently has fluid in his lungs so wheezes. We are running tests to see if he is asthmatic or what.
what kind of allergen test did you do? I was told by many serum allergen test is not reliable. I have recently diagnosed IBD cat and she doesn’t have diarrhea or vomiting. Hairball vomit and thickened GI per biopsy. I like to know if there is such a test because we can’t do food elimination trial on her