NO clue what to get them for Christmas!

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I haven't even started my human Christmas shopping yet, let alone kitty Christmas shopping! I have no idea what to get the girls this year. I've bought them so many toys over the last few years, their toy box is overflowing with toys that are never touched. But I have to get them things. Lily knows from her past 7 Christmas' that some of those pretty boxes under the tree are for her. and some years I've lined them up a few times on the piano bench for them and they just knew! I actually have an old video from when Callie was still around of them excitingly checking out their new toys and lily taking "owner ship" over the new toys.
Anyway, I'm at a loss. they have everything. And Lily doesn't really play with toys, Zoe will chase a ball around the house, but we have like 50 different types of balls/puffy things. My only idea right now, is there is this box at work that they keep the coffee in, that has this perfect little hole that looks like fun. I plan on bringing that home, cutting out another hole, and wrapping it in wrapping paper. We have several wand type toys. I was thinking of an expensive toy, an electronic thing that has stuff move under it, but thats a big waste of money if they don't use it. Cat beds are out the question, they don't use "cat beds" the whole house is their bed. What are you guys getting your cats??

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IMO, most cats prefer cheap toys over expensive fancy gadget toy things. Shipping boxes, tissue paper, the cardboard tube from an empty roll of wrapping paper that's cut into smaller pieces, straws, bottle caps, etc. I don't think cats really care if they get presents or not. All they really want is you and food and lots of :happycat:

Paris Pluto

Cat Daddy
Adult Cat
Purraise
Every Christmas, I get my 3 cats a 'mystery box' from an online pet store in Australia which include toys, treats etc. I'm sure pet stores in the US would have similar things to this? I'm also in the same situation as you. My girls have EVERYTHING but I just want to always spoil them!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought one of those electric toys with a butterfly that buzzed and flew around in a circle. Mingo adored it, but it lasted only a couple of days. He loved it too much. My cats love those coated springs and play with them day after day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like those ideas! We had a fountain for a couple of years, zoe liked it, Lily never touched it, then it started leaking and Zoe lost interest. Maybe one day I'll try another one. I like the wack a mole thing, I saw something that had a toy that was hidden under something and it moves but they were out of stock on chewy and the regular price at the store is like $32, and I'm not spending that on something that they may not even play with

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got my boys a few things. Maybe one will look like something your kitty would like!

CoolCyberCats rat pack
Catit ball track
Worbee Cat springs
Frisco Meowgic Wands
Frisco bee

I already gave them the ball track. Teddy got two of the mice because his old one was broke, but he's still got the others in the pack to get on Christmas. I also gave Finny one of his springs. I'm terrible lol but then I got the last two toys so Finny specifically will have something new for Christmas. Teddy will probably enjoy them, too, but the mice have always been his thing (he's obsessed with them) and Finny would have only had the springs, and he only plays with one at a time so yeah.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everytime I get a hole in one of my socks, I save it to make cat toys with it. Either little mice or longer kicker toys, just filled with stuffing and cat nip. They love these way more than store bought mice.

This year I found a good deal on cardboard scratcher refills, so bought 10 of them. And I bought a child size play tunnel so the bigger kitties can play in it. Then there are the two humongous delivery boxes from chewy that I have been saving for them.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally try and get something fun and treat based. Last year I got Toffee and Fudge a bauble filled with treats, and the year before for their first Christmas I got them a treat game in the shape of a mouse, where they had to work out how to get the treats.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow received a new cat bed a week ago but apparently she was hoping for something to unwrap. I woke this morning to find that she had dug through the trash bag of Christmas unwrappings, pulled out a good sized ball of paper and pulled it apart with her teeth leaving bits of torn paper all over the carpet. Even though she is nine, she still has a lot of kitten in her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww that's adorable! Wrapping presents brings out the kitten in Lily (7) last night I was wrapping presents and she was helping me. Nose dived into a plastic bag and then was playing with something random on the floor. I'm waiting on her to come down from her nap and Zoe to come and see their presents
20191225_104312.jpg

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my boy Snowball a SmartyKat Electronic Motion Hot Pursuit Toy ..runs off 3 AA BATTERIES...and 3.0Softer Cat Groomer u attach to outter corner of the wall...got 2 of them...And Petzone interactive cat toy that stick on any hard surface for...And another wand toy with feathers...Yes my boy git some Christmas presents:thumbsup::agree::whitecat: