Nipples diffrent kind of pink

Kytola

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!

My cat is currently in day 22 (if she is pregnant). I look at her nipples everyday and Im not sure if anything is happening, also one of the nipples is quite pinkat others aren't, is that normal? Do you think she might be pregnant? 🥰
She is over 1 year old.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If your cat is unspayed and has had the opportunity to be around intact males either inside or out, you can bet she’s pregnant. Is there a reason she has not been spayed? Has she been let out? Do you want kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kytola

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, yes. This was a planned pregnacy.i already have a home to the kittens (if she is pregnant). She has been out, but during that time on the pill.

I think it would be quite hard to know exactly what day she is in if it was not planer.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, so if you intentionally bred her (which you did not specify, so therefore my questions, as we get a lot of unintentional pregnancies here) and you know the days she mated, you count from the first day of mating forward. If that is the case, her nipples do look pregnant to me.

You’ll know more at 35 days, which is the end of Week 5, which is when you can begin to see her sides swell. After this point, you can safely get an x-ray done at the vet to see how many kittens she may be carrying and an estimated gestational age of the kittens, though waiting until 6-7 weeks is even better for the x-ray.

I say that because depending on how many days she mated, if she conceived later than the first day, her kittens may be due a few days later and the last thing you want is premature kittens because they do not often survive. So it’s best to get an x-ray and know for sure.

In the meantime, feed her as much kitten food as she wants. Kitten food is high in nutrition and will set her up for a healthy pregnsncy.

What breed is your cat? Do you know how many days she mated successfully?

Keep us posted!

K Kytola

Last edited: