Nikita photos

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

Then hiding "invisible" in ambush
George does the same thing behind a curtain in the hallway. then he jumps at my leg. he never uses claws but he almost always solidly hits.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

This picture is such a classic Bengal look IMO. When Takoda and Magnum have this exact look, it is serious I am hunter you are prey play time.

As always beautiful shots!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ilovemykitty - fortunately Nikita doesn't ambush me, just her toys. She pounced on me once from ambush (onto my back) and I really freaked out which freaked her out and it hasn't happened again. Fortunately. I've got scars on my back from when that happened.

snosrap5 - Yep, puffed whisker pads, whiskers forward, ears forward and that intense stare. It's a bengal in Hunting Mode.

angelkitty - thanks!

Here are a few new photos:

Catnaps are Serious Business

Baskets need to be jumped into

An attempt at a "clean" portrait, i.e with no clutter in the background.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

An attempt at a "clean" portrait, i.e with no clutter in the background.

What's up with the whisker pad on her right cheek (the right looking at the photo). See how it looks kinda spiky? Is that because she's pushing her whiskers forward or something?

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's because there's no hair in a small circle at the base of each whisker. I think it's that way with all cats. Then because the whiskers are growing in a row and the whisker pad is curved the edge there on her whiskerpad looks spiky because you have a line with full hair and then a line with lots of hairless spots where the whiskers grow out. There is hair between the whisker circles but at that angle it doesn't show.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't know how I lost track of this thread, but I've just spent the most wonderful 15 minutes catching up. WOW, your girl is gorgeous! And you do take wonderful photos. Keep 'em coming. PLEASE!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It's because there's no hair in a small circle at the base of each whisker. I think it's that way with all cats. Then because the whiskers are growing in a row and the whisker pad is curved the edge there on her whiskerpad looks spiky because you have a line with full hair and then a line with lots of hairless spots where the whiskers grow out. There is hair between the whisker circles but at that angle it doesn't show.
Huh, how about that! I'm going to have to go and try and annoy my girls from side on to see if their whiskers do that

It looks like you're just pulling on her whiskers or something

Ok, conveniently Stumpy just came up for a pat, so I made her sit still while I checked out her whiskers
And yes, she has the same, but they're less pronounced than Nikita - I think Nikita's are just in a much straighter line, and has more pronounced whisker pads.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rowr

A backlit portrait

Looking pretty at the sink

This one shows off her shoulder and back markings quite well.

A dainty paw going after the toy (there was a bit of roast beef in the sink as well for her to fish out.

Afterwards paws must be cleaned

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww, she's so pretty!!

Excellent photos! I can't decide on a favorite!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks folks!
I really enjoy all your comments.

I just got Da Bird! for Nikita. I've been looking for it here in the UK but not found it so I gave up and ordered it off ebay and omg! It's the best cat toy ever. She loves it and it's so much fun playing with her.

It's funny though she delayed me getting it. I wasn't in when the postman came with it so they left a note with the usual "You weren't in, please pick up your parcel at Post Office X". Nikita took that note to be a toy and batted it under a closet in the hallway so I didn't see it until over a week later when I was cleaning. Fortunately it wasn't too late though and the PO still had it

Anyway photos!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another jump, I'm really fond of this one:

..and Da Bird is really the best cat toy ever.