Nikita Lost A Tooth?

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So a couple months back, I noticed that Nikita lost a tooth. One of the upper teeth, in the center. She's by no means a kitten, as you know she's the same age as Prince, two years. I attributed this to perhaps she lost it while eating or playing too rough. My cats are indoor only, as you know, so they don't have any of the risks of running into something outside. Prince has always been hyperactive and is certainly a rough play....HOWEVER, I noticed that the gap left where her missing tooth was appeared to get larger. Now the top row has four small teeth (note I'm talking about the upper row of teeth between the two fangs). When I checked Prince's teeth, there appear to be six smaller teeth on the upper row. Which makes me think that Nikita has lost a second tooth. Should I take her over to the vet? Is there something going on? If she's lost a second tooth, it's been several months since the first one, so I have no idea if it could be something to do with eating, rough play, or maybe something dental.

The thing with the dental issue is that she and Prince live exactly the same. I feed them both the same food, give them the same environmental conditions (Although with Prince having a recent eye issue, I've learned that in some cases it doesn't make a difference if two cats have the same environment), so I don't know what could cause Nikita to lose even one tooth where Prince has not. That being said, Nikita has always been the one with the bigger medical concerns (Ironic considering Prince's recent health issue that is unrelated to this particular situation)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could be nothing. Could be the start of something that needs attention now rather than later. Take her in for a dental under anesthesia with dental X-rays so the Dr can see if there is something developing under the gum line. Dental issues only get worse the longer you wait.