Nibbles

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I knew it was expected. Nibbles was my 10 year old rabbit. She started losing weight last week and towards the end of the week more rapidly. The vet said it was just old age and everything was just due to that fact, as she was eating and drinking small amounts I just let nature take its course. The past two days I have been checking her every couple of hours. I checked her last night before bed and this morning I don't know why but asked my hubby to check, sadly she had passed away. She was with her other bunny friends and now she is at peace.
The vet said that 10 years old is an extremely good age for an outdoor rabbit and especially as she was so mistreated before I had her, I have had her 4 years. The other bunnies will miss her, she was the "mother hen" of the group, very protective and extremely grumpy.
Nibbles I will miss you, I am just glad the four years you had with me were happier than previous years. No more being attacked and growled out when I feed and water the bunnies
seems odd but that was you Nibbles and my goodness I will miss it. Rest in peace gorgeous girl. Go and see Rex and thumper and the baby bunnies that passed. December has been an awful month for me, I hope 2010 is better xx

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww hun, I'm sorry. I had a rabbit for about 10 or so years, my mom found she had passed away when she went out in the morning to feed her.

At least Nibbles knew what it was like to have a good life, a life with you.

R.I.P. Nibbles, hop and play happily over the Bridge, where you can take care of all the baby bunnies.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You showed her kindness and love in her last years. 10 years is quite a milestone for a rabbit.

I still miss my Albee grunting and trying to go after my feet!

RIP Nibbles. Lots of clover at the bridge!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved Nibbles. Sounds like you gave her a good life and I'm sure she was grateful..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was trying to think of something to buy to put in the garden to remember her, I have had no luck so far. I have bought a beautiful laminated poem "Rainbow bridge", its really nice and also the lady who I bought it off on ebay runs a rabbit sanctuary so all proceeds go to helping her bunnies which I think is really nice. The other bunnies are really quiet today, I think they are missing her. We have 3 baby bunnies left to find homes for, I think I will keep one now as Nibbles really protected and looked after them. Do you think its bad if I call one Nibbles in her memory? x

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry about Nibbles.
I do not think it is bad to name another Rabbit after her.
I named Whiskers and Patches after my others cats that died.
We alson named Susimy Rabbit after another one that died.