Next steps with shy kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Haynesaj1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've noticed with the hanging mice they will partially climb up the sisal poles and reach out to bat at them. I don't think they're very interested in them since they don't run away. But they do love all the different levels and it's nice there is a little house that is low to the ground. Harry seems to prefer being down low and under/behind things. I've only seen him get up on the top once and he didn't stay there long. I had to get up early for work today and he was really interactive and even jumped up on the couch next to my son and sniffed him. :yess:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Haynesaj1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m so glad I asked on here about Harry. He’s really doing awesome I think. Last night we had a little catnip party and the after everyone else went to bed I hung out on the couch playing games on my phone. Harry jumped up next to me and batted at my hand a couple of times. Not really in an attacking sort of way but more like “what is this?” We still can’t pet him but I feel like it’s not out of the question that he’ll let us someday.

0F5041F2-C8FB-4C51-A1FE-2B48D19ED391.jpeg

6CB05FA9-E1E4-417D-9792-AFA379C2FC12.jpeg

8200B090-3255-4614-9758-E8498CB73546.jpeg
F59D20F1-CC72-47EC-84F5-5FB91D92D0ED.jpeg

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m so glad I asked on here about Harry. He’s really doing awesome I think. Last night we had a little catnip party and the after everyone else went to bed I hung out on the couch playing games on my phone. Harry jumped up next to me and batted at my hand a couple of times. Not really in an attacking sort of way but more like “what is this?” We still can’t pet him but I feel like it’s not out of the question that he’ll let us someday.
I'm so glad you did, too. :)
It really helps when we all just bounce around different ideas...with each other...and then try what works.

Thank you so much, for posting the above Beautiful photos of your Harry. I really needed that today. :thumbsup:
(I see my own cats everyday, and snuggle, pat and play with them...but somehow...it really makes me smile...when I see other people's photos, as well. I don't know,...looking at cats is just relaxing.)

To see your Harry out in the open, like that, is just wonderful. :cloud9:
He looks so soft and 'floofy'...meaning fluffy and light.
I love how fluffy his tail looks,...like a soft feather duster.
And those long face whiskers, and curling "ear furnishings" (I had to google this, since I had no idea what they are called.)...are just so adorable in Harry's photos. (I don't think I've ever seen them curl so much.) Just beautiful.

My cats get a little wild after catnip...and then crash....so I'm not sure if catnip has the same effect on Harry.

There are a few different threads I've read...(and I'll go and see if I can find them again)...where it recommended some types of 'grooming gloves'...for when you are trying to socialize a feral cat. I know Harry is not feral...but the gloves would be a good idea,...at first,...just so you don't get accidentally scratched. Some people even use leather work gloves, or mechanic's gloves, or the type of work gloves you buy in dollar stores,...and wear long sleeve thick shirts, too,...when trying to pet and socialize kittens/cats.

Another thread had a photo...of a long handled wooden or plastic shoe horn or wooden scratcher...with a small brush...attached to the end...where you actually use the long handle...and small brush...to get the cat used to being 'touched'.