Next step in adult cat introductions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

corvidae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today I noticed Jem has a little scratch on his face (presumably from Mindy) :(
Is this a huge deal? I know Mindy’s claws were in need of a trim (I clipped them last night), but I didn’t see the actual event that led to the scratch. Generally they’ve been doing well around each other and this afternoon before I noticed the scratch I had been feeling really amazed by them all sharing space in the living room.
This has me a little freaked out. I could really use some reassurance that this doesn’t mean I’ve made some horrible mistake by expanding our cat family!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

corvidae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was a rough little stretch with the site down- it coincided with some more aggression between the cats. It was particularly upsetting because I saw Mindy a couple times walk across the room to Jem who was minding his own business and swat him. He responded by cowering in place as she continued to growl at him.
I know this isn’t a strategy the cat site is fond of, and it is so far from my first resort, but I took to having a spray bottle with water nearby- I sprayed Mindy I think a total of three times over four or five days, all when she was charging at one of the boys with no provocation. There have been no incidents in several days, like I haven’t even seen her swat at either of the others. The most I’ve seen is growling when the boys approach, but they don’t pursue her and she doesn’t hit them. I don’t want to jinx anything but I’m so proud of how far they’ve come and I’m feeling so much better about the household dynamics.Tonight Mindy was in my lap purring up a storm with Merle a foot and a half away which I have never seen before! I’m hopeful we’ve gotten past the major hurdles:crossfingers: