Next Behavior Expert Forum - Help Us Choose a Topic

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed a couple of threads concerning integrating Special Needs cats into a home with resident cats, but that could probably be put under the multi-cat household header

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the multi cat household idea. Another one I'd like to see sometime is regarding the grieving cat and grieving pet owner. It's such an unbelievably difficult thing to lose a pet (as I especially realized after losing Jake last September). Special needs cats is another great idea.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I vote for multi-cat households, especially feeding issues with cats of different ages and/or dietary needs.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

Spraying
Issues in a Multiple cat household
Originally Posted by Tallulah

Multiple cat households or spraying problems
YES YES YES! I have a 8 year long issue with one of my cats that needs to stop ASAP.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like multi-cat households, but since this can open up questions all over the board, should it be narrowed down somewhat, such as keeping the peace in a multi-cat household, or managing dominance hierarchies?

Just my 2 cents.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a single kitty household and in the past at most two kitties without friction.....But I would definitely suggest multi kitty house behavioral and litter advice. It does seem to be the most common challenge I've read over the years......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I like multi-cat households, but since this can open up questions all over the board, should it be narrowed down somewhat, such as keeping the peace in a multi-cat household, or managing dominance hierarchies?

Just my 2 cents.
Good point. Thing is, even if we narrow it down to keeping the peace in a multi-cat household, I think it will still require addressing a lot of related topics, such as feeding practices, available space, aggression, introduction agains, and possibly even spraying. It's all related in the end, in a way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
BTW, multi-cat households will be the topic - thank you all for weighing in! We're formulating the dates now (should be sometime next month).