Newly adopted Rescue

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love reading these updates about Cece. She really is making progress, albeit baby step ones. But such a change from when you first adopted her. Your patience and love for her is making all the difference, and I have no doubt she will let you touch you one day, and maybe even become a lap cat. :hearthrob:

If you can get any new pictures of her, without causing her stress, I'd love to see one. :camera:
Here are two pictures from this morning, this is where CeCe sleeps during the day.
8C9F3FA5-3E1D-43D4-A052-F17CE76783CE.jpeg
BDF31751-8EB8-4AE8-A7FE-6F097108EBA3.jpeg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
What progress Ce Ce has made. Keep it going, you are doing a good job. As mentioned previously, you meet her own her terms and don't push anything on her. Feral kitties are cautious and have their guard up, but once they trust-know that you really earned it. :catlove:
Not pushing and letting her set the pace is what made Gypsy choose us out of all the folks I found out later (when we were walking the neighborhood in harness) that also had been feeding her back in 2016:catrub:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Not pushing and letting her set the pace is what made Gypsy choose us out of all the folks I found out later (when we were walking the neighborhood in harness) that also had been feeding her back in 2016:catrub:
Gypsy chose you because she liked your way of approaching her best. She felt at ease with you. It is true cats chooses who they want to stay with. I had a cute male cat years ago who had 3 other families who fed him.:noway: He bounced between these houses, but in the end he chose us.:yess: I think it was because we spoiled him and we had another cat that he liked to come up to the screen door and sit on the other side chillaxing with.. So when a cat chooses you-it is the highest honor.🥰 Also this cat lived till near 20 years old. So we had many wonderful years with him.

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It has been a long while since I have updated. Cece makes slow progress but still moving along. She prefers interaction in the dark with just a night light on, she must feel safer that way. She will lay down about a foot away from me and roll around, stretch her paws out. I lay my fist close by and she watches it but not as fearful. She loves her mommy and treats time and some quiet play (I do all the playing whike she watches, lol). She will sometimes move around while I am in there which is huge for her! And she has started calling to me when I get up in the morning, trying to get my attention. I leave treats out for her in the living room and she will roam around at night to eat them. I have some of her blankets out here with her scent. So so close to a pet, it has now been 11 months! Love watching her become comfortable and trusting☺

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
And she has started calling to me when I get up in the morning, trying to get my attention. I leave treats out for her in the living room and she will roam around at night to eat them. I have some of her blankets out here with her scent. So so close to a pet, it has now been 11 months! Love watching her become comfortable and trusting☺
That's great to hear. Slow progress is better than no progress. Keep it up!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been a long while since I have updated. Cece makes slow progress but still moving along. She prefers interaction in the dark with just a night light on, she must feel safer that way. She will lay down about a foot away from me and roll around, stretch her paws out. I lay my fist close by and she watches it but not as fearful. She loves her mommy and treats time and some quiet play (I do all the playing whike she watches, lol). She will sometimes move around while I am in there which is huge for her! And she has started calling to me when I get up in the morning, trying to get my attention. I leave treats out for her in the living room and she will roam around at night to eat them. I have some of her blankets out here with her scent. So so close to a pet, it has now been 11 months! Love watching her become comfortable and trusting☺
You are both doing really well. Keep up the excellent work! *It took a year for our angels Calo and Sammi to call a truce. Calo was alpha male and Sammi was very territorial when he joined the furmily at age 14.*

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update. She was so lucky to find a home with a human who would let her progress at her own speed. :hearthrob::petcat::catlove::hearthrob:
Some days it is so hard not to reach out to pet her! She is sooooo close, but I made a commitment to make her feel comfortable, safe and loved and will not break that. She deserves this and in time she may let me pet her☺ I do ‘pet’ her with the toothbush on her kitty toy pole, she absolutely loves that and is mindful of my hand on it 🤣

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some days it is so hard not to reach out to pet her! She is sooooo close, but I made a commitment to make her feel comfortable, safe and loved and will not break that. She deserves this and in time she may let me pet her☺ I do ‘pet’ her with the toothbush on her kitty toy pole, she absolutely loves that and is mindful of my hand on it 🤣
You'll get there. Be patient. When she does know you've earned her trust, it will be incredible. :hearthrob: :catlove::hearthrob::cheerleader:

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Meme for 2 Meme for 2

Hi, how's Cece and you are doing?
Hello there! We are making some slow progress! Cece loves my time in the room with her and rolls around purring, kneading her paws. She actually has a vet appointment tomorrow to be groomed because she has some pretty big knots. I have been holding off because it is still chilly here but I can’t make her wait any longer. The downside is trying to get her in the carrier, I cannot give her any sedative because they will give her some to shave her. Not quite sure how this will go tomorrow morning lol. I did purchase pet handling gloves in case I need them. Her carrier has been in the room for the last week and I put treats in there each night so she gets used to it. I will update tomorrow with a picture ☺

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello there! We are making some slow progress! Cece loves my time in the room with her and rolls around purring, kneading her paws. She actually has a vet appointment tomorrow to be groomed because she has some pretty big knots. I have been holding off because it is still chilly here but I can’t make her wait any longer. The downside is trying to get her in the carrier, I cannot give her any sedative because they will give her some to shave her. Not quite sure how this will go tomorrow morning lol. I did purchase pet handling gloves in case I need them. Her carrier has been in the room for the last week and I put treats in there each night so she gets used to it. I will update tomorrow with a picture ☺
That's good to hear that she's purring and kneading and rolling :clapcat: Hope that tomorrow will be easy and smooth for her. Yes, photos please!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feliway spray on the bedding in her carrier should help. It's good to always keep some on hand for stressful times.

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, it has definitely been a minute since I last posted! So much progress with our Cece! She loves, I mean really loves bath brushes! I had been using a toothbrush on a pole to ‘pet’ her with then switched to a bath brush. Game changer! She is all into it. So, backup a bit, when July came and the neighborhood fireworks started Cece got spooked out of her room and hid in the bathroom. When I went to check on her she decided Mommy wasn’t as scary as fireworks 🤣She actually followed me back into her bedroom and let me pretend pet her with the bath brush. Since then she now will come right over to me at night when I go in her room and will follow me around in there. She gets lots of brushing with the bath brush and I won’t lie, I sneak some real hand pets when her back is turned. Got caught once and she tapped my hand 🤣. So far, one night she walked up to me and rubbed her head on my hand. I was so happy and just stayed still so I wouldn’t spook her. I am continuing to go at her pace, I am just so excited to see how happy my girl is. I was finally anle to get real pics now that ahe comes around. She is so beautiful! ❤
IMG_1541.jpeg
IMG_1541.jpeg
IMG_1535.jpeg
IMG_1533.jpeg

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So far, one night she walked up to me and rubbed her head on my hand. I was so happy and just stayed still so I wouldn’t spook her. I am continuing to go at her pace, I am just so excited to see how happy my girl is. I was finally anle to get real pics now that ahe comes around. She is so beautiful! ❤
Way to go! Yea, I agree, she's beautiful :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Her eyes sparkle with love.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a beautiful little lady. She is so lucky to have you as her momma.

She gets lots of brushing with the bath brush and I won’t lie, I sneak some real hand pets when her back is turned. Got caught once and she tapped my hand 🤣. So far, one night she walked up to me and rubbed her head on my hand. I was so happy and just stayed still so I wouldn’t spook her. I am continuing to go at her pace, I am just so excited to see how happy my girl is. I was finally anle to get real pics now that ahe comes around. She is so beautiful! ❤
This is tremendous progress. She is learning that momma isn't going to hurt her. She looks like a happy girl in the pictures. I'm happy she has someone who was so patient but persistant with love and understanding going at her pace is what she really needed.

I don't know who I am happier for, her or you.
The fact that she rubbed up against your hand is huge!! That makes me happy for you that all your work is paying off. And I'm so happy for her because she has a great life with someone who loves her so much and I think she is learning this.
Keep up the great work with her. CeCe and you are making great progress! 💜💜💜❤❤❤

Last edited: