Newly adopted Rescue

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can use blankets or pillows to stuff under the bed to make the space smaller. Try Inaba Churus and Sheba meat sticks to lure her near, Gypsy doesn't like baby food but loves the churus & meat sticks, when she hears the crinkle of the sticks package she comes running. What cat food is CeCe eating?
I do have some meat sticks to try, she is eating Fancy Feast canned and dry food.

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes definitely read, and comment if you care to, @Jcatbirds My Feral and Rescued Cats. Maybe too daunting to start at the beginning at first so jump in and check out some of the newer ones, you'll see us there too. It's a very welcoming thread. You are a very wonderful person.:touched::hearthrob::redheartpump::grouphug2::hangin::goodluck:
Thank you for your kind words, I started reading the thread, it is very long and filled with love

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have some meat sticks to try, she is eating Fancy Feast canned and dry food.
Fancy Feast gravy lovers in cans is what Gypsy used to use like but she won't eat it now. Thank Heavens I'd gotten her started on FF petite singles and Sheba single serve in gravy before the shortages. She's eaten Purina One hairball formula since she came in but I'm having problems finding the 3.5lb ones not out-of-date. I can't get big bags as she won't eat when they get stale. Chewy sent me 3 bags dated 8/21 and when I contacted them about it, they sent replacements which were also 8/21! Got my money back, told them I can find out-of-date on store shelves. Our local APL will take them. I have to check out our local Meijers store. I usually can find food and also get her Cats Pride litter at a great price. It's been awhile since I've been there so hoping I can still find everything.🤞

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fancy Feast gravy lovers in cans is what Gypsy used to use like but she won't eat it now. Thank Heavens I'd gotten her started on FF petite singles and Sheba single serve in gravy before the shortages. She's eaten Purina One hairball formula since she came in but I'm having problems finding the 3.5lb ones not out-of-date. I can't get big bags as she won't eat when they get stale. Chewy sent me 3 bags dated 8/21 and when I contacted them about it, they sent replacements which were also 8/21! Got my money back, told them I can find out-of-date on store shelves. Our local APL will take them. I have to check out our local Meijers store. I usually can find food and also get her Cats Pride litter at a great price. It's been awhile since I've been there so hoping I can still find everything.🤞
CeCe pretty much likes anything, the FF portions are perfect since I give her 1/2 can morning and night with dry in between. So far not having trouble finding it here but I heard it was awful hard to get before I got her.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
CeCe pretty much likes anything, the FF portions are perfect since I give her 1/2 can morning and night with dry in between. So far not having trouble finding it here but I heard it was awful hard to get before I got her.
Yep, shelves are still pretty bare here except for ones containing turkey which Gypsy won't touch since she threw up the last time she ate some.

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today is exactly 11 weeks since CeCe joined our family. She had made a lot of progress as far as getting more comfortable. She will eat some treats, eat off a spoon for me. She will sometimes nap when I lay on the floor with my head down. She still will not interract with me as far as playing or moving around when I am in there. If she is on top of the bed at night and I walk by the room she will quickly dart under the bed. I know she has been out at her old home so I haven’t lost hope. I don’t want to push her and set us back so I am continuing to be patient and just try to let her know she is safe and loved here.

H&Alina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today is exactly 11 weeks since CeCe joined our family. She had made a lot of progress as far as getting more comfortable. She will eat some treats, eat off a spoon for me. She will sometimes nap when I lay on the floor with my head down. She still will not interract with me as far as playing or moving around when I am in there. If she is on top of the bed at night and I walk by the room she will quickly dart under the bed. I know she has been out at her old home so I haven’t lost hope. I don’t want to push her and set us back so I am continuing to be patient and just try to let her know she is safe and loved here.
I know it can be so hard to be patient. Small successes gradually build one day at a time . I’m a new feral mommy too. It’s almost been a year for one of my girls and 4 months for the other . They both hide from me too , but when you get the occasional purr and pets in, it means everything 😊 You’ve got this .

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the continued support, it sure does help. I just love her adorable face and I can see that she has a sweet personality, I see it in her eyes when she ‘naps’ with me. It really is the cutest thing, I lay my head down and within minutes she does the same. It makes me feel so good that she is comfortable when I am around, even if she is still too timid to come out. I adopted her to give her love, with no expectations other than her comfort.

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am not quite sure what to think about todays antics with CeCe. Started out with me trying to interact with her for about half hour. She was watching and took some treats and ended on a positive note. I was replacing the blanket on the bed she was under and something must have startled her, next thing I saw was her slinking out from under the bed and leaving the room slowly. I let her go to see what she would do.
Unfortunately I quickly realized she went under my bed. Now, my bed is bigger, much darker under there and much easier for her to hide. I did not want her getting comfortable under there so I quickly made the decision to get her out from there. Well, she would not budge, couldn’t shoo her out. So I went and vacuumed her room for the first time since she was not in there. Brought the vacuum to my room hoping it would prompt her to leave, but again, no budging. Climbed under the bed and just started petting her, for the first time ever. Still wouldn’t budge, but she was not relaxed in the least.
Finally got her to scoot out and she went in her room but jumped on the window sill and hid behind a pillow that was propped on the bed. I was excited to pet her but wish it was not so stressful to her. I gave her some treats and food, checked on her a few times, she will not touch any of it. She is back under the bed and I will leave her be until tomorrow. Just hoping this does not set us way back😟.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I was replacing the blanket on the bed she was under and something must have startled her, next thing I saw was her slinking out from under the bed and leaving the room slowly.
Slinking out is one behavior that something has startled her and she is afraid of it. This shows that even before she got into your house, something to that effect that she experienced outside and had a bad experience with it and thus this behavior.

You can try comforting her with loving words but she might still behave in this way. This is the same with my boy. Any loud sounds and every time I take the poles out to hang the clothes, at the slightest sound of the poles, he slink and hide.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... poor CeCe. Hope she won't have much of a setback after that. She's a gentle cat, though, since despite being frightened, she didn't scratch you.

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww... poor CeCe. Hope she won't have much of a setback after that. She's a gentle cat, though, since despite being frightened, she didn't scratch you.
She really is a gentle soul, this morning she seems to be back to normal thankfully. She is napping and relaxed with me laying there talking to her. She definitely knows I won’t hurt her. I specifically didn’t try to pull her out yesterday or pick her up since that seems to be her fear. I want her to know that we will make progress on her terms and that she can relax without fear.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
CeCe could not have asked for a more loving and patient cat mom to adopt her. :hearthrob:
I truly hope in time she'll gain confidence and give you snuggles and head bump and purrs :petcat:

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How's our sweetie girl been doing this week?
Cece has regressed just a bit. She struggles to come take the treat from the spoon and at one point swiped me good and drew blood. I think last Sunday spooked her, I have backed off a bit to let her settle. Although she is purring a lot more now and is comfortable with me laying there when I am not reaching to give her treats. Such a challenge now that I got to pet her, it was the best feeling touching her. I absolutely love to show love especially to animals, but it has to be comfortable for her, I have to put her needs before mine. I actually spoke to a rescue in the area for some tips. I was very upset when they they kept pushing me to consider adopting another cat ‘in hopes she will learn to trust me by following the otjer cat’s example’. I explained her trauma was due to otjer cats, I cannot do that to this poor baby😟.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww.... poor baby. :(

Can't remember if this has been mentioned before, but have you tried cat relaxing music? There's several different ones on Youtube.

Here's one:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Cece has regressed just a bit. She struggles to come take the treat from the spoon and at one point swiped me good and drew blood. I think last Sunday spooked her, I have backed off a bit to let her settle. Although she is purring a lot more now and is comfortable with me laying there when I am not reaching to give her treats. Such a challenge now that I got to pet her, it was the best feeling touching her. I absolutely love to show love especially to animals, but it has to be comfortable for her, I have to put her needs before mine. I actually spoke to a rescue in the area for some tips. I was very upset when they they kept pushing me to consider adopting another cat ‘in hopes she will learn to trust me by following the otjer cat’s example’. I explained her trauma was due to otjer cats, I cannot do that to this poor baby😟.
This time on, keep assuring her and help her overcome whatever spooked her. She must gain back some of her confidence.

It is not the time to adopt another cat or maybe not even adopting another cat in the future. Cece needs lots of assurance and if another cat comes along, it'll be competing with her and most likely you'll loose Cece.

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww.... poor baby. :(

Can't remember if this has been mentioned before, but have you tried cat relaxing music? There's several different ones on Youtube.

Here's one:
I actually have a few times, she was very nervous. But, I haven’t tried in several weeks so maybe I should give it another try. She is definitely going to require a lot of patience but I believe in my heart it will be worth it. Love seeing every milestone she makes.

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok my friends, I have a potential dilemma here. We have had CeCe for 3 1/2 months now, and although she has made a lot of progress she still shows no signs of coming out from under the bed or allowing me to touch her.
Recently the crime rate where I live has gone through the roof. Two days ago my car was stolen right from the parking lot, this is the 6th car crime in a week here. so, we are looking to move on Oct 1st to a much better area. We will only move to a pet friendly place but I now have just under 3 months to figure out how I am going to be able to handle my poor girl to move her.
Do I kick up a notch and remove the bed to prevent her hiding under it so she can get used to being out? I know all of this will set the poor girl back regardless, but I want to try and cause the least amount of stress when we have to handle her to put her in a carrier and then move her to a new home.
Any advice would really be appreciated.