Newly adopted cat lost inside our house

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she disappeared once she'll probably do it again so keep looking around for likely spots she might hide in. It will give you an idea of where to check the next time.

Something to watch for in addition to what's been mentioned is do you have a basement with a drop ceiling? The house I grew up in did and some of our Cats loved to climb up in there, we could never figure out how they kept getting in there so we eventually got rid of the drop ceiling and just dealt with seeing the bare wood.

I also had one of my Cats crawl under the dishwasher. I have NO idea how she managed to squeeze under there because it was like 3 inches of clearance, and I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see her crawl out from underneath with my own eyes.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was. She was a tortie with a huge attitude.
Tortles. They are in a class by themselves. My sweet, beloved angel Tarifa, who left us last August, had not one iota of attitude toward me. But when another member of the clowder annoyed her, she'd whap 'em. Hence the nickname "The Bat-Eared Whapping Tortle."
IMG_1441.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Talien Talien Yes, it's said that any space that a cat's head will fit through can be accessed by said cat. Truly, they are liquid. Shapeshifters!
As soon as I discovered angel Tarifa's hiding place in my dad's lounge chair, I'd always look there when I couldn't call her to me or find her. She hid in there quite a lot.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Beautiful little girl! Funny about torties as Alix is the one who would walk up to my previous GSD and sucker punch him in the face and walk away leaving him crying for me. He was really afraid of her, for all his 125 lbs and all of her 13 lbs.

kghia

Cat Lover & Shelter Volunteer
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so glad you found your cat!
We "lost" our kitten recently... about a week after adopting her, we moved her from her usual safe room to explore another room, an office where my husband works from home. Initially I thought maybe she slipped out the door when he was leaving the room, because we looked EVERYWHERE for her. Well, apparently she managed get behind some books on a full bookcase--where she got in was a place where we had a little drone on there, but somehow she managed to get past it without nudging it out of place one bit so we didn't think it was possible she got inside the bookcase.....it was an ordeal :lol:

Last edited: