Newborns eaten by ants

meowmeow2004

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
TW!!!! gore?, death
One of my cats ,(she’s a wild one and we let her roam around but we feed her when she comes home) gave birth to 2 kittens. She abandoned them (no idea what happened to her, she’s 9 years old though…) and we assumed she’d come back and let them be ,checking on them from time to time. Overnight a BUNCH of big black ants had surrounded the baby kittens and one of them died , the other one still alive but 3 of his feet almost completely chewed off ,his mouth a bit too, and one of his ears. What can we do now?? I’m very worried and i’m unable to find anything online to help. Since it’s easter break i’m not sure if i’ll find a vet around, and this is a very small town.. Help !!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He MUST have vet assistance ASAP. I'm afraid it will be for euthanasia if he is that badly hurt, but only a vet can advise. Asses his injuries carefully. There are vets available on call, I live in a small town too and there is always someone. I am SO sorry, nature is so very cruel......

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Healthy kittens are often surprisingly good at selfhealing and recovering.

But as you describe it, it sounds as least bad to help it on, give it the gift of Mercy... ie "put to sleep" meowmeow2004 meowmeow2004

Im sorry.