Newborn kitten sick please help

Monikszaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, my mum cat had 5 Persian kittens yesterday, 4 of them doing great but one didn’t want to nurse from mother at all we tried syringe feeding and it worked for few hours but he doesn’t want to eat at all now and I notice the kitten look like half of its face is swallen and it have purple on the neck. I can explain it very well I will attach pictures. He is the smallest he weighs only 80g. I contacted my vet but he wasn’t helpful and my mum is abroad on holiday while I’m looking after her cats. Any idea what is wrong with him?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It looks like an injury of some sort on the neck.

This kitten sounds sick. Perhaps it has aspirated milk into its lungs and is getting pneumonia. Can you get it to another vet right away? If not, you may lose this kitten.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
His head is deformed. There is no logical reason his ears should be at the back of it. I never saw that on a cat before.

Purple skin indicates he is not getting oxygen in the area. This is a medical emergency.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Monikszaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It looks like an injury of some sort on the neck.

This kitten sounds sick. Perhaps it has aspirated milk into its lungs and is getting pneumonia. Can you get it to another vet right away? If not, you may lose this kitten.
I will take him to vet hospital

thank you x