Newborn Kitten No Noise

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my cat Tula gave birth to 3 kittens yesterday, two girls and a boy.

Seriously odd question; but has any one ever had a newborn kitten that didn't make any noise?

I am hoping that it just means that he is going to be a super laid back people oriented kind of cat, but it's freaking me out a bit.

I have never had a newborn kitten that didn't make at least a little noise when being handled or didn't get mad when being put on the not-so-warm scale. But not a peep from this guy. Not even a little flail, he's just as calm as can be.

He was 118g at birth and as of this morning he was 129g, so he has gained a decent amount of weight and is moving about the nest well.

I am sure it's nothing and he will be talking in no time (he is Siamese and both parents are BIG talkers), but I am wondering if any one else has had this experience?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ameezers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
28ish hours old lol
I just found it odd..

My hubby says I worry too much (which I probably do!).

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't think we heard a peep out of Mia's two kittens for the first few days. I think if they are being well cared for by mama and getting to nurse all they want, they have no need to make noises. Wait a few more days, tbh, and see if that doesn't change. Probably about the time they start trying to move around a little! :)

Last edited: