Newborn kitten disease

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He wasn't in heat though.. I know when he is in heat and when he is not. When he is in heat he cling to my female cat and try to mate with her regardless she's pregnant or nursong but he didn't do that before he left. Also he doesnt really need to travel that far as when wants to mate he'll do with my female cat
I think something must've gone wrong
He cannot survive this long outside without food and clean water

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are very resourceful and tough. He could find his own food and as long as he could catch mice his water needs would be low. Don't give up, I have had cats disappear for a month and show back up, some even longer.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats let outside often take up two families as well. Wherever there's a warm place and food, they may decide to stay. We had one for three months that belonged to a neighbor. He just wanted to stay with us because he liked the food, I guess. Yours could have done the same. Don't give up hope.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went out to search for him and found a cat
I thought it was him from a distance but wasnt..
I looked closeby to see if he is around but couldnt find him
20220107_075507.jpg

Its overwhelming because it is first time he's been out for 2 nights straight
He usually come in and out several times a day.. definitely somethings wrong
What if he's kidnapped?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: The "not knowing" is terrible - I feel your pain. A cat can be in heat for several days to a week or so, so if he is out tomcatting, he may be gone awhile. Being an intact male carries its own risks because a tom cat will venture out of his known territory and then, for various reasons, have trouble finding his way home again.
The picture of the cat that you saw is the tortoiseshell color and is probably a female. She is pretty. Is she a homeless cat?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you contacted your local council so they can update him as missing on the Companion Animals Register that you’re required to be registered with?
They can then notify you if a neighbour traps him or hands him in a roaming stray to rescue or vets.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:alright: The "not knowing" is terrible - I feel your pain. A cat can be in heat for several days to a week or so, so if he is out tomcatting, he may be gone awhile. Being an intact male carries its own risks because a tom cat will venture out of his known territory and then, for various reasons, have trouble finding his way home again.
The picture of the cat that you saw is the tortoiseshell color and is probably a female. She is pretty. Is she a homeless cat?
I don't know if she's honeless but she seem to live there.. When I approached she didnt run away as quickly as feral cat would've
He's still not home..
The centre that manages chips is closed until monday so I can update on monday at the earliest
But I lost all hope for him now

If he is around the neighbourhood, there is no reason why he wouldnt come back to my house
If he has wandered off further than his usual territory and is lost then it may take him few days to find his way back home or never.. in which case I can only rely on strangers to report him if seen (I've already put him on lost ads)
There are lot of units and apartments around, maybe he's locked in someone's garages or fell in deep holes in one of contruction sites?
If that is the case he couldn't have survived 3 days trapped there
I really don't know what to do right now

Last edited:

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The centre that manages chips is closed until monday so I can update on monday at the earliest
you should be able to do this online both for the chip registry (that’s where just the microchip is registered) and the companion animal registry (the site where you paid your $80 annual fee for having an entire cat, and listed the chip plus all the kittens you sell)
They tend to make it easy to quickly report online rather than waiting for office hours.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
you should be able to do this online both for the chip registry (that’s where just the microchip is registered) and the companion animal registry (the site where you paid your $80 annual fee for having an entire cat, and listed the chip plus all the kittens you sell)
They tend to make it easy to quickly report online rather than waiting for office hours.
Just wondering do I have to keep paying annual fee even if it is missing?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes: :vibes: :vibes:Please have faith that your kitty is okay! Cats can go long distances and survive incredibly harsh conditions. After California's terrible wildfires that scorch the earth for miles & miles, cats have survived; some have been returned even after over a year, surviving not only the fire, heat, lack of food & water from summer and then through the winds, rains,snows of winter.- just google "cat survives wildfire, reunited with owner" - there are many,many cases.

Six Months After Butte County Camp Fire, Hundreds of Cats Rescued

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:vibes: :vibes: :vibes:Please have faith that your kitty is okay! Cats can go long distances and survive incredibly harsh conditions. After California's terrible wildfires that scorch the earth for miles & miles, cats have survived; some have been returned even after over a year, surviving not only the fire, heat, lack of food & water from summer and then through the winds, rains,snows of winter.- just google "cat survives wildfire, reunited with owner" - there are many,many cases.

Six Months After Butte County Camp Fire, Hundreds of Cats Rescued
Wow that's incredible.. But because my cat use to always come in at least once a day for food and sleep and its first time for him to not come home for 5 days in a row I cannot help but imagine the worst of situations
I really cannot find any reason why he is not returning if he is still well
It'll really be a miracle if he does return

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know if she's honeless but she seem to live there.. When I approached she didnt run away as quickly as feral cat would've
He's still not home..
But I lost all hope for him now

If he is around the neighbourhood, there is no reason why he wouldnt come back to my house
If he has wandered off further than his usual territory and is lost then it may take him few days to find his way back home or never.. in which case I can only rely on strangers to report him if seen (I've already put him on lost ads)
There are lot of units and apartments around, maybe he's locked in someone's garages or fell in deep holes in one of contruction sites?
If that is the case he couldn't have survived 3 days trapped there
I really don't know what to do right now
Its not unusual cats become trapped somewhere. Say, he went into a cellar when the door was ajar, and they closed the door and went... Trapped.
Knock on all neighbours and ask them to look see in all outbuildings, cellars, even cars...
A search directly may be without results, because if he is a little shy, he will hide - perhaps even if YOU are searching.
But now, when he is hungry and desperate, he will probably come out when they open the doors and call with a friendly voice...

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its not unusual cats become trapped somewhere. Say, he went into a cellar when the door was ajar, and they closed the door and went... Trapped.
Knock on all neighbours and ask them to look see in all outbuildings, cellars, even cars...
A search directly may be without results, because if he is a little shy, he will hide - perhaps even if YOU are searching.
But now, when he is hungry and desperate, he will probably come out when they open the doors and call with a friendly voice...
I thought about that possibility as well but if he was locked he would have cried until someone frees him
6 days.. that is a long time
He always ate and drank from home
I don't think he even knows how to hunt
If he can survive outside for this long someone must be looking after him
I have a feeling that someones taken him..

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, just now reading this thread. I hope you find your kitty...have you tried posting posters for a lost cat? Try posting a poster on every tree/lamppost etc with a photo of your kitty and your number...maybe even add a reward. Someone may have seen him or may be feeding him thinking that he was lost/ a stray/ or maybe they liked him because he was friendly. I will be praying for you.

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, just now reading this thread. I hope you find your kitty...have you tried posting posters for a lost cat? Try posting a poster on every tree/lamppost etc with a photo of your kitty and your number...maybe even add a reward. Someone may have seen him or may be feeding him thinking that he was lost/ a stray/ or maybe they liked him because he was friendly. I will be praying for you.
Thanks.. it means alot to me
It is first time for him to not come home for so many days
Usually he'd come on the day he left
Part of reason why I think he's taken by someone than him getting lost on his own
I suspect a lady who's been lurking around my neighbourhood calling my cats 'hey kitty'
What shoukd I do? I feel so angry that someone would just take him from me like this and I can't do anything about it

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you talk to that lady and ask if she has him or has seen him?

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know who she is.. She was just lurking around my house calling after my cats when they were outside and I only heard her from inside so don't even know what she looks like
She stopped coming to my house ever since he didn't come back

skrumtuoscatlayd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now that I think about it I think she just could have been my neighbour just saying hi to my cats..
Well but my cat still hasn't come back...
He used to even rescue my female cat from having to spend the night outside by helping her to come back home after she went missing for a whole day
I don't get how he could get lost when he knows the place well enough to find my female cat and bring her home
I heard unneutered cats can run away suddenly and not come back forever but the day he left he wasn't angry or pissed at me. I doubt he intended to leave me and his cat family forever