Newbie Looking For Advice!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great pics! Are you still adding water to the canned food? Some cats don't like it that way. My cats are really picky about their wet food.
Yes, I've been adding it. She just doesn't drink from her water dish. I check the water level every morning, and its always the same :/

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe try one serving without water and see if that's why she's rejecting it.

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe try one serving without water and see if that's why she's rejecting it.
There has been times she hasn't ate the wet food I left for her over night, and the water is the same. I don't know if she's drinking from the toilet or what. Kittens are gaining a lot though....so I guess everything is fine. Today when I weighed them was the first time 1 kitten gained only 4g. Every other day they've been putting on 10-22 grams.

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pile-o-kitties. Had to make her a new area for the kittens yesterday. She's been with them in the back bedroom since the day they were born. Yesterday it was cold here, so hubby put the furnace on. Well that really freaked her out! By the end of the day she brought the kittens in to the kitchen. So I set up an outdoor play yard that we used when my daughter was a baby. She seems content (she's in our dining room cuz there's no great space out here at the front of the house.). Kittens are still gaining a lot.

I'm wondering if I can take that box out and put another blanket on the floor so the kittens can wander around a bit. Or are they too small? They will be 2 weeks tomorrow.
20180813_114009.jpg

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens are starting to walk around a lot more. I set up my daughter's outdoor play yard, in our dining room (biggest area available.). There are blankets in there, but Fiona doesn't like it when the kittens aren't in the box inside the play yard. She meows and meows until I put them back. I let them out when I see them crawling around a lot, so they can practice walking more. They're getting so big! One is 330g already. He sleeps at "the bar" lol
20180814_140054.jpg

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the first time I've saw a cat with a fever coat before. All 3 of the kittens have odd colouring. And the fur has a different feel to it.

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Feeling frustrated with people who are wanting the kittens when they're ready. The darkest one still needs a home, and a friend is interested. Someone I used to work with asked me if she is still available. I said a friend might take her, but they won't be ready until first week of October or until they're fully weaned/8 weeks old. She started sending me gifs of people rolling their eyes and even said "kittens are a dime a dozen, I'll get one somewhere else!" I said she isn't a couch you're getting on Facebook buy and sell. Sometimes I really don't like people.

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for mama cat to have a raw top lip? I'm assuming it's from all the licking she does.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Urine scald. It happens to dog mamas all the time, though I haven't personally seen it in a cat. It means it's time for potty training!

MeganD15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Urine scald. It happens to dog mamas all the time, though I haven't personally seen it in a cat. It means it's time for potty training!
Can you give me any tips on litter training? I've had one in their pen for 2 days now, and they're peeing only on the floor. I was the floor with vinegar water after, but they still go there. I asked on another thread but no one replies and I'm getting frustrated/discouraged. Mama just laid there today while one peed on the floor in front of her, then she went to clean it up after :/