Newbie Here

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wife and I have 5 feral cats that we adopted. All are spayed/neutered, and all are now indoor only. Burdock, a black/grey Tabby, is 6, Prancer, an orange/yellow tiger, is 5, Digger, a part- Bengal, Stretch and Bashful, both orange/ yellow Tigers, are 4. The best part is, we did not have to trap them. Time, patience, and presence won them over, and they are a regular 3-ring circus with their antics.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-421021.gif
NY Cat Man and adopted fur babies, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3858.JPG

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for taking in the kitties and for giving them a fur-ever , warm and loving home :clapcat:
Do post photos of them please :camera:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

NT8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My wife and I have 5 feral cats that we adopted. All are spayed/neutered, and all are now indoor only. Burdock, a black/grey Tabby, is 6, Prancer, an orange/yellow tiger, is 5, Digger, a part- Bengal, Stretch and Bashful, both orange/ yellow Tigers, are 4. The best part is, we did not have to trap them. Time, patience, and presence won them over, and they are a regular 3-ring circus with their antics.

NT8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi NY Cat Man, I'm also a newbie and your thread stood out to me as we also have 5 feral cats, 10 in all. We were the same as yourself, didn't have to trap ours..all came and went as they chose and I think that helped with the settling in...I imagine the antics in your house would be much the same as mine. Nice to know there are others out there who are advocates for adopting and taking care of ferals!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :hithere:
I love your kitties names :biggrin:
They were all named for their own personalities. Burdock, for instance is a clinger who likes nothing more than a warm lap. Prancer is a little queen bee. Digger, when she was still a kitten, would come to the sound of the door opening, but she would stop every few feet, stop, sit down, and scratch behind an ear. Stretch did pretty much the same, except he would stretch out to his full length before resuming. And Bashful.? Well, she was and still is, sort of, but when she wants to, she will get up in my lap and head-butt for attention.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you, your wife AND your furry family! I applaude your patience in winning these guys over. There are many of us here who know what a long, hard road that can be!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Thanks for caring for, and bringing your feral cats inside. :catlove: I, also, would love to see pictures of them. :camera:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The easiest way for me is to click on "Upload a File" at the bottom of the message box. A window will open with your files. Click on the picture, then "Open." BELOW the message box here, you will see a very tiny version of your picture with three choices, "Thumbnail," "Full Image," and on the far right, "Delete." I suggest clicking on "Thumbnail."

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The easiest way for me is to click on "Upload a File" at the bottom of the message box. A window will open with your files. Click on the picture, then "Open." BELOW the message box here, you will see a very tiny version of your picture with three choices, "Thumbnail," "Full Image," and on the far right, "Delete." I suggest clicking on "Thumbnail."
It would be nice if it was that easy. Like I said, I am an analog guy in a digital world. My wife just gave me this tablet a couple of weeks ago (anniversary present), and I am still figuring it out. My phone is an old flip phone (no camera), and I still have a 35mm film camera. Hey, I am an old geezer, so cut me some slack!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry about that, but this stupid pad cut me off. That is Bashful. I am learning, but slowly.