Newbie - breed type

BooetBear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all! I rescued this handsome fellow today - yet to be named! I’m unsure what breed he is, definitely appears to be a mix of some kind. The rescue centre had him down as Bengal, Persian mixed but said he could possibly be Egyptian Mau, he’s amazing whatever he is but am just interested if anyone knows!! Thanks xx

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s so cute! Since he doesn’t have papers, I he would be a silver spotted tabby Domestic Shorthair! With breed identifications, I always think that it’s fun to think of what formal breed cats look the most similar to (because we can’t tell ancestry for sure without pedigree papers) With your beautiful kitty, I would say that Egyptian Mau is the closest lookalike.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's beautiful! I would also describe him as a silver spotted tabby domestic shorthair. Although some Egyptian Maus are silver spotted like him, his head and body structure don't look very similar to the Egyptian Mau. It's most probable that he is a domestic shorthair without specific breed ancestry. Most cats are not any particular breed.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
kitty3.gif
BooetBear and new kitty, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
images.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for rescuing this handsome kitty :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Bless your heart!

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on the new kitten. He's pawsitively adorable. :catlove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BooetBear

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the lovely welcome and the information! I live in the Middle East and so you don’t see many silver tabby’s here! He was rescued from a market where someone was trying to sell him as a Bengal/Persian mix - thank goodness he’s safe now! 🥰

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome you to and that adorable cat! Whatshisname is just precious, and I'm so thankful that he found a safe home! You'll probably never know what his exact bloodlines are, but I'm pretty sure that any Persian is way back in the family tree...although cats can fool you! Whatever he is (and we can definitely say "Domestic shorthair), he's gorgeous, and I hope that you enjoy each other to the fullest!

1578175384633.png