new :)

coronet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all, I'm kind of new as well. I registered to ask for some opinions on the adopting of a SOS kitty from a shelter, but I didn't make a newbie thread, so here mine is.

I'm a general animal lover and always had pets growing up (mostly dogs) and now for the first time I own my own kitty, Micaiah, who came to me as an abandoned kitty a few months ago. She's about 5-6 years old (vet can't tell exactly) and is a tiny kitty at 8.5lbs! Picture below!

I'm also in the process of adopting a 3 year old black adult male cat from a shelter who's been there his ENTIRE life (no one wanted to adopt him) but I believe he has cataracts, so I came here to ask for some advice as to how to help a special needs kitty and get him out of the shelter. Living for 3 years in a small cage is awful, so I'll probably be posting updates on that soon!

This is the guy I'm planning on adopting ^

As for me, I'm a college student, 21 next month, and live in NY.
My house mate also has a kitten she recently got from the shelter (she's about 4 months old), so the kitty from the shelter would bring our household to 3 lovely cats. We're both big animal lovers, if you didn't guess!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & Welcome to the Cat Site!

Micaiah is such a pretty girl
Love that beautiful face of hers! Also love her name too, its creative!
Hopefully that black cat can be lucky enough to be adopted by you

Best Wishes! Hope you enjoy the forums

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS! So glad you've introduced yourself and your adorable kitty Micaiah.

The special boy kitty that you are planing to bring into you life is gorgeous.
I am crossing my fingers that he joins your family soon.

As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, I would be happy to help you. Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name, then a Private Message.
I will get back to you asap. See you around the site

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
WELCOME!!!! TO THE CAT SITE......Your cats are so sweet looking. just babes

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, and welcome to the best cat site around!

If you would like to learn more about The Cat Site and build up the number of points you have quickly, you may want to play the game KatKwiz, designed for newcomers like yourself. Just click on the link below (here) to learn more.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)
lovely pic´s thank you for share!

See you on the forums!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. Awww I hope you can adopt that shelter boy. He needs a forever home.