New Years Resolutions

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With Christmas Eve starting in just a few hours (deck the halls with Santa since Grandma got run over by a reindeer while jingling all the way, etc.) I'm curious if anyone has decided they want to do any kind of new years resolutions, and what are they?

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yup :) start eating healthy again and stick to it - ive got an appointment with a personal trainer next week to sort out a program too. I want to get to goal by June. Also, SAVING MONEY. Been doing good with my job lately which my brain seems to interpret as OK WE CAN BUY ALL THE THINGS NOW. But we do not NEED all the things, and so starting Jan. 1 i am cutting way back on spending, opening a new savings account, and going to be much better about money.

I have a bunch of others, like learn advanced first aid, not just cpr but bandaging wounds, what to do in a mass casualty situation, ect. Basically, in the event something bad happens and someone's in front of me with a leg gone and blood spurting out, :::i want to know what to do:::. I dont want to be another person screaming and flailing, I want to help. I also want to do more writing. I keep saying I"m going to do it "when I have time" but I've realized that if you're a writer, you MAKE time.

what about you?

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't do New Years resolutions
If I wanna make a change, I do it any old time of the year!

I do love New Years tho. To me, it's like the ONE holiday that EVERYONE can celebrate no matter religion/ideals/country/etc. It's a fact--The year is changing! Let's all set aside differences and have a good time!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last New Year's resolution I made (several years ago now) was "No more New Year's resolutions, ever!" It's been remarkably easy to keep, and quite useful. ;)

To be clear, yes, I make plans of things I want to do in the new year, but they aren't resolutions. In my opinion resolutions are just guilt traps waiting to happen. Plans are useful and can be adjusted at need; resolutions are almost invariably really hard to keep. And then you feel guilty and inadequate, because you couldn't beat the nearly impossible challenge you set for yourself.

Margret

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love New Years because it is a brand new start and gives the motivation/incentive we need to change something we are not happy with. Even if we fail, it is moving forward to even think about something we need to change or get done.
This year, once again, I plan to lose some weight. I weigh 140 and want to get down to the weight I felt and looked the best at, 125. It's going to be a lot harder now, menopause is to blame since I was fine before that. 60's is an age of lower exercise and love of food and is hard to change. I have joined an exercise class three days a week, so far it has just shown me how far out of shape I am!

Kal_shadowsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't typically make new years resolutions, but last week I started one early.

My resolution is to be somewhat fluent in Spanish by the end of 2019.

I screwed around in high school and didn't learn much in the two years I took Spanish. I really want to learn just for myself, to prove to myself that I can learn and retain a second language.

After that, who knows, I might go and learn French or something.;)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been meaning to cut out sugar, but I haven't done it yet, so I was going to wait until the new year and after all of the sugary sweets that come from the holidays. I don't like considering things resolutions though. I'm hoping to get back into a steady exercise pattern again too.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't do New Years resolutions
If I wanna make a change, I do it any old time of the year!
I feel that way, too.

New Year's Eve is always special, though. It's the anniversary of the day we went to the SPCA to adopt Zoe and Rico. :clapcat: We've had them nine years already! Time flies.

Zoe is in the little tent and Rico is to the right. Ozzy is on the left and Hannah is in front. We're going to stay home and party with the cats on NYE. :party3: :)

IMG_9406.jpeg