New Inexperienced Cat Mum and my cat might be pregnant?

Ellfarrxz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so recently we adopted our next door neighbours cat. (She just took a loving to us and they let us have her). She is an outdoor cat and has come in with some scratches down her back a month ago ish. Her nipples are so big and she is a tiny cat, her belly has become very rounded and she seems to have all the symptoms. Today i recorded her belly moving. Is she pregnant? What do i do??? And what do i need to know!!! Thank you so much

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ellfarrxz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds and looks like she is pregnant indeed. Here is a chart that might help you how far she is.
View attachment 323145
Thank you so much for that, i havent noticed any morning sickness but other than that seems likely i feel shes around 5/6 weeks. Anyway to figure if she is at home? Except taking blood?? Thank you again

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for that, i havent noticed any morning sickness but other than that seems likely i feel shes around 5/6 weeks. Anyway to figure if she is at home? Except taking blood?? Thank you again
I don't think the vet would do a blood test for that. I think they would physically exam. Sounds like she's far enough in the pregnancy that a vet can quickly tell she is. They can also check her pulse, breathing, etc to see if everything is all right.

Ellfarrxz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How much is that? Im not signed up for any vet with her as recently had her, can i just take her to "a walk in vet" as such? This is her from the side she is a very petite cat.. never had a cat before so have no clue!

Attachments

Ellfarrxz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't think the vet would do a blood test for that. I think they would physically exam. Sounds like she's far enough in the pregnancy that a vet can quickly tell she is. They can also check her pulse, breathing, etc to see if everything is all right.
Thank you for this! Dont know many cat owners so had to turn to a forum!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s pregnant! You don’t need a vet right now unless she is sick. Do find a low-cost spay clinic for after her litter weans at about 8 weeks. Don’t let her outside anymore until she is spayed.

Have you had a chance to read our pregnant cat articles yet? They are very helpful! We are here to support you! :)