New tricks to teach my hyper punk?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I caved & got a clicker..... it perfected his spin in 1 day!!!! So now Jackie does: high 5, spin, sit, get on the cat tree to put on/take off his harness & sit then meow back at me for his dinner.

Does anyone else have any ideas on what else I can train him to do? He is easily bored and training him helps challenge him. He gets outside time to. I would love to train him to come to me when we are outside (& he is running about) but when he gets into super hunt mode, all his focus is on the hunt.

Any ideas on a super treat for the lactose intolerant cat? The flaked tuna in tiny pouches he likes but I doubt he would come running to while outside for them. Besides he doesn’t like to eat outside unless right in front of the patio door.

bella.cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi.
Not entirely sure if this is a good one but you could try to teach him to roll over/stand on his hind legs.
Most cat treats are suitable for lactose intolerant cats I think - the majority of cats are lactose intolerant.
For my cats I use Dreamies, cat sauces and cat sticks. 🙂
Here is a cat stick my cats love

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My almost one year old fetches sometimes. If I was going to try and train something, I'd want to train that. Might be just because we can't get a dog though!

mekkababble

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat catches with her front paws. It's a neat party trick (too bad she doesn't like strangers) and very easy to teach. If you can get your cat on his hind legs catching a treat or a toy should come easy. Fist bump is a cute followup to high five and is taught the same way,

How did you teach spin? My cat also is in need of a new trick.