New to the Group

lanie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My name is Lanie, I'm 41 years old.  Mother of three and live with the love of my life, plus 8 fur babies.

I have always been a lover of animals.  I grew up on a farm and was forever "tending" to the animals.  I found such great joy feeding the baby calves from our milk cow, or the babies whose mother passed due to circumstances.  I'd find injured birds, rabbits, foxes, and skunks (baby ones, the mother had been shot) and to my parents chagrin bring them all home and nurse them.

Every pet I have has been a rescue from a stray, except our dog.  He was still a rescue, but not a stray.  We have 7 cats, and one of my favorites is poly-dactyl (she has six toes on each paw).  She was pregnant when we rescued her and were able to find homes for all her babies (one of her kittens had 7 toes on 2 paws and 6 on another 2).  

I am a huge advocate for No-Kill shelters, and get heartbroken when I see an abused animal.

I believe in home remedies before a vet visit, only if the remedy does not work do I go to a vet.  Some might be upset by that, but in the last 6 years I have only needed a vet 3 times.  One of which they completely gibbled my cats ear by lancing it.  I don't include shots or spay and neutering in my visit counts.

I look forward to reading the forums, and will post when I have an opinion.  Also look forward to get to know some like minded fur baby lovers.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there and welcome! Please post pictures of your kitties when you get a chance.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to the Catsite @Lanie

Glad that you found the right place to be in and please post photos of your fur babies for us to see.